Wednesday, November 08, 2006


"You left Kodiak in the void dimension that you teleport through?" I asked Nightcrawler.

He looked rather sheepish. With his eyes cast down, he answered, "I am very zorry, Profezzor. I tried to bring him back vith me, but I could not."

"We are going to have to rescue him," Iceman answered.

Cyclops held up a hand. "He's pretty mad. I think we ought to let him cool off for a while."

"I'm not quite sure how we are going to get into the void and then how we can bring him back. I want Beast and Forge to get to work on this problem. In the mean time, I have some important business to attend to. Iceman, you worked in that accounting office. I want you to draw up an assessment of the repair bills for the damage done by the Destroyer and have that served on Henchman."

Once the team had dispersed, I went to my rooms and changed for Spider-Man and Fade's party. When I was ready, Cyclops drove me to the gathering.

Entering the ballroom he had rented, I was rather surpised to see the odd collection of super heroes and villains assembled. I knew the fete was suppose to celebrate the end of the Civil War, but I hadn't expected them to take the idea of reconciliation so seriously. The biggest surprise was to see Henchman and Maggie there.

I quickly checked my psyche to see if there was any sign of a re-emergence of Onslaught. I could detect nothing. Perhaps I really am finally free of that beast.

I glanced over at Henchman and saw that he was staring at me. This was going to be the perfect opportunity to give him a piece of my mind. And perhaps take a piece of his. Heh heh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

sighs

8:44 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Man, I hate getting stuck in dimensions like that.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Oh dear. More trouble?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

The X-Men wouldn't be heroes if we didn't have troubles to face.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Steady, Xavier....

10:10 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I always wondered how he got all the girls...

8:18 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Well, I see things haven't changed around here. Still carrying on! Well, it's nice to know there is some superheros around when you might need them, even though they spend most of their time bickering! ;]

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters