Monday, November 06, 2006

I quickly dashed off an RSVP to Spider-Man and Fade's party and then returned my attention to the battle raging outside of my still demolished office. Damn that Destroyer. I know who was in the armor to and you can bet I'm sending Henchman a repair bill.

All the available X-Men were forming a line between the out of control Kodiak and the school. Cyclops, enraged beyond the point of rational thought by Kodiak's senseless destruction of his beloved car, unleashed a furious blast of unyielding optic energy right into his chest. It had the desired effect. Kodiak went flying.

I had tried to stop Cyclops though but he ignored my mental commands. Kodiak you see has the rather useful mutant gift of being able to neutralize a mutant power that has been used against him. I could already see his skin adopting ruby quartz properties that would greatly weaken Cyclops eye beams when he used them again against him.

One thing Kodiak can't neutralize however is sheer force. Specifically, blunt force trauma. Colossus ran up to the staggered feral warrior and smashed him with a double fisted blow right in the back. Kodiak went flying.

I informed Cyclops of his error and warned the others to hold back on using their unique powers. While Kodiak picked himself up, I had Cyclops dig a deep trench with his optic blast. Then I told Iceman to lay down a slippery sheet behind Kodiak.

Psylocke charged him with her sword but Kodiak dodged out of the way. Cyclops fired off a pin-point blast into the sword, shooting it suddenly forward. The energy blade dug into Kodiak's shoulder. He howled in pain and jumped back. The ice under his feet sent his legs flying over his head. Kodiak fell back into Cyclops' trench.

Bobby quickly generated a ton of ice on top of Kodiak. We had trapped him and no one, other than Cyclops' car, had gotten hurt.

That is until a few moments later when Kodiak burst straight up through the ice and landed a foot in front of me. "Xavier's dead!" he shouted in my face.

10 Comments:

Blogger cooltopten said...

no way is xavier dead ,its a clever ploy !! it must me.what happens next?
great read :)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Will one day go by when one of you mutants doesn't turn evil and/or crazy? Somehow I doubt it.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read Kodiak for the answer cool :)

WOW Uncle Kody is sure making a mess

8:02 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Sometimes Mondays are just very hard to deal with.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not evil or crasy just super-subconsciencly- with manipulation on top convinced that Xavier is a bad guy who killed lots of people.

So actually my natural defencive 'protect/slash/ avenge the innocent' is being manipulated so that I desire to Kill 'baldini' thats all.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh well, since you put it that way.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Xavier, all you have to do is holler...I'm not a mutant so I don't really have any powers he could become immune to....and I would love to put Kodiak out of your misery.

3:51 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I tend to get confused about which side I'm on. So I'll just have to see how this plays out. ;)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I wonder who put that chip in his head?

7:41 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters