Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Kodiak loomed over me, his might fists curled into sledgehammers ready to deliver their death blow down onto me. "Xavier's is dead!" he roared into my face.

But he hesitated. I could feel the conflict within him. While he had been battling the X-Men I had been able to pinpoint the mental interference that I had sensed in his mind. While being careful to not expose him to my power so that he would not develop an immunity to it, I was able to discover that energy pulses from a microchip embedded in Kodiak's neck were influencing his sub-conscious thoughts.

While he paused in his attack, I seized the opportunity. First I had Colossus rush him from behind. I had hoped Peter could hold him in an unbreakable grip but in his feral mode, Kodiak was able to strike first, sending Colossus soaring across the yard.

Then I had Nightcrawler teleport directly in front of him. He then quickly teleported back out again. The noxious fumes from the thick black smoke that are an unavoidable byproduct for Kurt's mutant power left Kodiak momentarily dazed and his heightened senses overwhelmed.

Seizing the advantage of surprise, Psylocke leapt in from behind him, sinking her energy blade into Kodiak's neck, precisely at the point where the microchip lay buried. With that now destroyed, Kodiak was free!

Unfortunately being stabbed in the neck also had the effect of triggering his beserker rage. It didn't take much of a probe of his mind to see that he was now hellbent on slaying all the X-Men. He whirled on Psylocke and swung his mighty arm at her. She would have been instantly smashed to death but Nightcrawler responded to my mental command and teleported onto his back. Then he teleported Kodiak far across the school grounds.

Or at least that was the plan. Nightcrawler did not reappear. Normally his teleporting is instantaneous. I quickly scanned the grounds and could find no sign of him. Several minutes later, he finally teleported back. Without Kodiak.

He collapsed, gasping on the ground.

"I am zorry, Profezzor," he said. "Kodiak became immune to my powerz. I could not bring him back. He iz ztuck in zee empty dimension I teleport zru."

7 Comments:

Blogger Nepharia said...

Oh, I almost feel sorry for Kodiak....almost.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you broke the bear.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Well it's his fault for having that power.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

That's okay.

Less paperwork for you to worry about.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Kody... oh know... too bad it isnt a hell deminsion I could then get you out... Maybe a teleport mirror from Feng gu

maybe not they are to get

8:36 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

your wallet is returned

9:45 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

grrr . .

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters