Thursday, October 26, 2006

As I hung there, pinned against the wall by a bezerk homocidal Kodiak, I found myself thinking of my ex-wife, Moira MacTaggert. I realize there has been some confusion as to whether we were actually married or not, given all the various retellings of the X-Men story over the years, but I can assure you, inconsistant fictionalized accounts aside, Moira and I were in fact married for three glorious months and four years of shear hell.

Our courtship was wonderful. Full of romance and youthful passion. We shared a dream of human and mutant unity. We also achieved it in the form of our own relationship. Moira is merely a human, you see.

I don't mean "mere" in any kind of condescending way. She always thought I did. She was also constantly whining that I never listend to her or valued her. Even on those rare occasions when she wasn't saying it, she was thinking it and of course I, as a telepath, could always hear her.

Why did she pop into my mind now, as I was facing death? Because when I think of her, I'm not afraid in the least little bit of death.

11 Comments:

Blogger Nepharia said...

Well, then, since you are not afraid, and not panicking....you should be able to effortlessly remove yourself from this situation, eh? ;D

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

She's a real looker she is. Full, pouty lips, ample.... uh, smile. Great big swinging, er, hair.... ahh, I have to go.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell u what give me her phone digits and we can forget bout da whole thing!!!!!!!!! :)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Trunks said...

Yowza! Hw;d you get a girl like that? oh yeah wait, telepathy :D

2:36 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Now I resent that. You don't think a swinging fun loving guy like me can get a pretty lady? Rarely, realy I say, have I resorted to using telepathy to influence a woman's fancy. Only in the most dire of need would I even think of such a thing.

5:59 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Professor, I remember once you asked if i would be there for you, if you needed me.
Now, it's my turn, if I needed you would you be there for me?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Justice said...

did you use telepathy on my mom?

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure it's ever a good idea for a man to know what his wife is thinking.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Wow! Hubba hubba! Scwhing! beedeebeedee beedeebeedee beedee! Arwoooooooooooooo! *slaps head with shoe*

4:35 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Telepathy is responsible for 30% of all divorces worldwide.

It's true. Look it up.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What a cruel thing, making you think she's that awful Liz Hurley!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters