Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The battle was growing heated. Kodiak was hell-bent on killing me. The X-Men stood in a line between me and him. I could see that some outside force was having an influence on him, but I wasn't able to sever it. The connection was elusive. I would need some time to get a clear grasp of whatever bond it was that had enslaved Kodiak. He wasn't going to be giving me that time.

Cyclops howled in rage. Kodiak had destroyed his new sports car. I was actually glad to see that Scott had gotten angry. Before Fade's efforts in toughening him up, Scott would just have gone fetal at this point. Instead he was unleashing his full-force optic blast at Kodiak.

The best efforts of the X-Men didn't seem to be slowing the feral savage Kodiak down much, though. As he made his way through my troops back towards my office, there was a strange knock on the remains of my doorway.

I spun around to see a young man dressed in a brown button downed short-sleeve shirt and matching shorts. "Delivery for Professor X!" he called out.

"Just leave it!" I shouted back to the UPS man.

"Sorry, you got to sign," he replied, hurrying over to me with an outstretched pen.

With a sigh I took it and signed his form. I quickly tore open the envelope and found this inside.


48nexqb

9 Comments:

Blogger captain koma said...

we are not comming. I've got some rather stropy and angst ridden super humans to deal with. And Lin well she's of on a crusade of her own.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Free beer? Those are the magic words!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Oh it is, Henchie. Hence the words "remains of my doorway." You will be getting the bill any day now.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

oh great Charles and Guy at the same party

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sometimes these invirations come at awkward times.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Jon, I couldn't agree more. "Free Beer" is worth the trip.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, I wonder if you have insurance...

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so thats what took you so long to get down here, you slow pok.....errr did sumbody say free beer? *shakes head back to zombie style moan* MuStKiLlPrOfeSsoRrRr!!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Black Widow said...

so I got my dress... break out the Vodka

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters