Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I was about to destroy Nightcrawler's inappropriate video tapes when I heard a faint rapping on my door. Putting the tapes into my safe, I pressed the button under my desk that swung the door open. Standing there with a rather hesitant look on his face was Fade.

"I is certainly sorry ta be disturbin' ye, Professor," he said in his broad brogue.

"Not at all Fade. What can I do for you?"

I motioned him in and he walked slowly to my desk.

"I donna mean to pry inta the workin's ah yor team, I mean I have nothin' but respect for yor X-Men, but . ."

"It's all right. There is nothing that couldn't benefit from some improvement. You have an observation?"

"Well . . it's Cyclops."

"Oh my. You haven't caught him going through your underwear drawer or anything, I hope."

"Oh nae. Nothin' like that. It's jus' that Carol, that be Warbird, she done told me that Cyclops has some . . er . . issues. She was thinkin' that with my empathy powers, I jus' might be able to help him, um, find his inner man, if you know what I mean."

"I certainly do. I gave Scott the mantel of leadership with the hope that the responsibility would toughen him up. So far he has not risen to the challenge. I would certainly appreciate anything you could do."

Fade brightened up quite a bit at that. "Aye, Professor. T'will be my pleasure to try."

7 Comments:

Blogger Wolverine said...

This 'll be fun I'm gonna get Popcorn an' watch.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Fade said...

Ya do realize that I be needing yer help with this, no?

10:07 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Whatever I can do. I am at your disposal. Anything would be an improvement at this point.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Hey Cyclops doesn't need any toughening up, he's all man!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Danny Bailey said...

I agree with Hudson... Trust me I know

he has NO problem being a man :)

but how does Hudson know?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think Fade has had too much porridge.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Fade said...

Whaddaya mean, Cap'n?

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters