Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Jango Fett? Jango Fett!" My voice was a little more nervous than I would have liked. I certainly didn't want my date, Erifia, to think that I got all girly in a crisis. "Who on Earth is Jango Fett?"

"No one on Earth," she answered as she smoothly rolled behind the over turned table. Somehow a glowing energy sword materialized in her hand. "He's one of the toughest bounty hunters this side of Tatooine."

Another explosion rocked the restaurant as patrons scattered hysterically. Fett launched another mini-missile from his wrist and the nearby bar disintegrated in a fireball.

"This is Jedi Master Apoc!" Erifia shouted out in a surprisingly commanding voice. "You will stand down immediately Jango Fett!"

"Not until I get my pigeon!" he shouted back. He fired a spread of energy blasts into the ceiling, sending a shower of electric sparks down over the restaurant.

"You are creating a public safety emergency, bounty hunter! Who is your target?"

"Baldy," he replied coldly.

I glanced around the hall and didn't see anyone else present who would fit that description. I felt a lump develop in the pit of my stomach. I reached out psionically to him, but something in his helmet blocked my powers. That is happening all too frequently these days.

"Professor Xavier?" she replied incredulously. "But who placed the bounty?"

"The Shi'ar Empire."

12 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

The Shi'ar? Talk about your bad break ups.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

Bring it Redshirt.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Kon-El said...

well atall your girlfriend did was sic a bounty hunter ta you. My ex has tried to kill me with her bare hands , I guess that could be because she's a man hating lesbian from Apokolyps.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Wait A woman turned into a lesbian after dating you Conner? why am I not surprised?

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I've always accepted your mutancy. When you were small and I called you "L'il Freak", that was a term of affection.

I was wondering though what it would be like if you and the alluring Erifia decided to get hitched. And I've decided --

-- I'd welcome being GrandPop to little blue half-aliens...that would make be part of galactic progress.

11:38 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Wonder what Xavier's dad looks like...

8:05 PM  
Blogger Justice said...

hmmm a wedding is the lets get married thing going around?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Florence Forrest said...

drat those helmets!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet site

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters