Friday, October 07, 2005

Yesterday my step-brother, the powerhouse known as Juggernaut, paid a call to the school. He blackmailed me into launching a rescue operation to bust my old friend, Magneto, out of the federal detention center I just had him placed in. I don't mind telling you, I'm getting tired of all the shake-downs people are running on me. First Storm extorts partial ownership in the school and a piece of the X-Men licensing and now this. Hmm. Just maybe I can use this as an opportunity to solve both problems.

"Yes Professor?" Storm asked as she responded to my mental summons. "Is this about Juggernaut?"

"Indeed, Ororo," I told her. "I want you to take a team and accompany him to the holding center where Magneto and the other Brotherhood mutants are being held. You are to assist in their liberation."

"What? That's ridiculous! We just stopped Magneto from starting a nuclear war a few da
ys ago, remember?"

"I am well aware Storm. You will have to trust me that this rescue is vital to our interests. If you aren't prepared to accept assignments, then perhaps you aren't the right person to lead the team."

"Don't you dare!" she said, her voice full of menace. "I have Jesse Jackson on speed-dial."

"Fine. You're the leader. Now lead."

"Fine, we'll depart tonight," she replied.

With that done, I summoned Cyclops to my office. He was sulky, as usual.

"What is it now Professor? You want to demote me to team cook? Put me in charge of Turtle Waxing Colossus?"

"Now Scott, don't be like that. Storm simply has us at a momentary disadvantage. One I think you might just be able to do something about."

"Oh yeah? How?" I could hear the curiosity rising in his voice.

"She's taking a team to rescue Magneto and friends from the detention center in Virginia. I want you to take a second team, a cover team, a team she doesn't know about, down there also. You'll have Wolverine, Deadpool and Emma Frost."

"Umm, but Professor, those are all sort of, well, sociopaths."

"Exactly. You will receive further instructions telepathically once you are in place. Now get going!"

Yes, this might just work out quite well after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

This operation sounds well planned. Storm may reget being so uppity.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I'm looking forward to finding out her response to being in Deadpool's debt.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters