Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Magneto is up to his old tricks again. I can't help but feel partially responsible since I was the one who released him from the high-security federal detention facility. We had made a bargain. I arrange for Eric's escape and he would take the insufferable Wolverine off my hands. Since then, the Scarlet Witch has used her magic powers to bring out Logan's sensitive nurturing side. But now all he does is sit around and get gooey over Oprah. Fortunately Deadpool has volunteered to work with Wolverine and find out if there is still a man inside. He seems to be making some progress.

None of that changes the fact that Magneto has taken rather drastic action. He and the Brotherhood have seized control of the Creech Air Force base in Indian Springs, Nevada. That particular base has over 100 Minute Man III nuclear missiles. The federal government is afraid to move on the base because Magneto has threatened to launch the missiles. What a drama queen! Fortuneatley, the Scarlet Witch gave me the heads up that her father was planning something.

Eric has always insisted on doing these flamboyant, extroverted operations. Why? Because he's a press hog. He loves seeing his name in print. It makes him feel important. He is an old friend of mine but he does make it tough sometimes. In an effort to insure that his face was seen in the lead
stories of all the evening news programs, he released a video tape to the press.

"Greetings to the inferior dinosaurs who think they now rule this world. This is your superior, Magneto, Master of Magnetism. The time has come for the Homo Sapiens of Earth to recognize that they are yesterday's news. Man is passe. Tomorrow belongs to Mutants!"

He can really be quite the blowhard. I suppose I'm going to have to do something about it. You'd think that after all the battles he's lost, Eric would have learned his lesson. Oh well. I'll send out a team of X-Men tomorrow and see if we can't stop the Brotherhood again.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! I've never been on a mission before(and I wanna see this "Master of Magnetism" in action)! Can I go? Pretty please?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

This does promise to be a rather dangerous mission, Gaia. While I appreciate that physically you have been alive for thousands of years, you are a bit inexperienced in terms of both combat and emotional development. Then again, I've never had any problem putting children in the way of mortal danger in the past, so why not? I hope everything works out alright.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I may be only a kind of typical fan of Professor Xavier's Blog, but sitting here in Santa Monica as I do, I have been very concerned that some terrorist or other would make nuclear explosions dance across the Los Angeles basin.

And Magneto sounds like a particularly devilish terrorist.

And I am intimately acquainted with the secret gov't bases in Nevada...so, can I go on this mission? Danger be damned!

After all, I may be an old dinosaur but I hate being called one.

-- kind of typical fan in Cally.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I do appreciate your desire to help, Santa Monica, but while I have no problem throwing little mutant children into extremely dangerous situations, I just wouldn't feel right about doing so to civilian Homo Sapiens. I'm sure my X-Men can handle the threat. After all, what's the worst that could happen?

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, maybe I haven't had emotional development, but I deffinetley know how to fight, and I've certianly mastered my powers. Who else is going?

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, Hulk could smash stupid Magnet-man. Old bald man should have called Duh-fenders. Hulk strongest one there is!!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! It's the Hulk! Mind giving me your cousin's phone number?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Scary. Hopefully Dr. Strange can keep the Hulk under control.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters