Thursday, October 06, 2005

We had a rather unexpected visitor at the School today. Things had pretty much fallen back to their normal routine after all the recent excitement and personality corrections. Nightcrawler has been following the female students around, asking if there are any tasks he can perform for them. Consequently he's spent most of his day mopping the girls' rooms and doing their laundry. Ever since Gaia and Emma worked their magic on him, he has stopped his peeping ways, much to my relief. I certainly owe those ladies a real debt.

Anyway, I was in the middle of teaching my 3 pm Applied Evolution (aka, How to be a Super-hero) course when a loud crashing sound filled the mansion. I immediately did a mental sweep of the grounds but I sensed no one unusual. I quickly wheeled out in the main foyer and there, covered in dust and broken stone and splintered wood, stood my step-brother, Cain Marko, the unstoppable Juggernaut. His battle helmet prevents my mental powers from reaching his mind.

"Hiya, Chaz," he said as Wolverine, Colossus and Cyclops came running up.

Wolverine stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh, Juggernaut. I, um, have a kettle on. Gotta run." And with that, the once fierce Wolverine ran at top speed towards the kitchen. He's not quite the girly-boy the Scarlet Witch turned him into since he came back from Deadpool's, but he still has quite a bit to go before he'll be reliably useful again.

"Well Professor," started Scott, his voice full of insinuation. "I see we have a crisis for the X-Men. I'll go get Storm, since she's the team leader." And Scott walked off in a huff towards the biology classroom where Ororo was teaching.


Colossus came and stood by my side, transforming into his metallic state as he walked. At least I can count on him.

"What do you want, Cain?" I asked.

"It's like this bro'," he said. "It's your fault Magneto and the others got pinched. Things is getting kinda crazy in the Savage Land without any o' the leadership. I figure you got to help me bust 'em out."

"Now Cain, the X-Men captured Magneto. Why on Earth would we help release him?"

"'Cause you freed him just a couple of weeks ago."

"Oh, umm, well, that was a special circumstance," I answered, a little taken aback.

"Yeah, you wanted him to take the runt off your hands. The Blob misses his foot massages, by the way. It's like this bro', Magneto taped a full confession as to how you rescued him by messin' with the guards minds. Mystique also stole video tape from the installation showin' the guards actin' all weird. They said that was 'co-robbery-nation' or somethin' like that. So, either you get the X-Men to help me bust 'em all out, or the tape goes out to the news. Your choice."

I sat there dumbfounded for a minute. Juggernaut is not what you'd call an intellectual. Obviously he didn't think of this plan himself. His is the one mind I can't read though, so I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. Sigh.

"Alright, fine. I hope you're proud of yourself, blackmailing your own family," I told him. He just smiled. Like I really expected him to feel guilty about anything. The man is totally pathological. Oh well, maybe it will give me a chance to toughen up Wolverine some more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's good to have some dependables like Colossus.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer - well, let's face it, he's dumb as a post. But he is loyal.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters