Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Recently I was approached by the Scarlet Witch to assist her and her brother, Quicksilver, in forming a new super-team. Apparently things have gotten a little tenuous up in the Savage Land, what with her father breaking out of jail, trying to destroy the world, being put back into jail and then being broken out again. Since I do have a lot of experience in putting together teams, not to mention quite a few students here at the school looking for something to do with their spare time, I was more than glad to agree.

The most important part of a new super-hero team is of course the name. Rule number one in the formation of a mutant group is that the name start with the letter 'X'. Why this is, I have no idea, but who am I to argue with rules.

It would be best to have the name flow organically from the make-up of the membership. However, since just about all the cool words in the English language that start with an X have been used by the literally ga-zillion mutant teams that have been started over the years, we don't have that luxury here. In fact, after an extensive google search, the only word I could find that is left is "X-Hibitionists."

With that in mind, I have chosen among the available students in my school who would best fit such an austere title. Accordingly, the X-Hibitionists consist of the following: Scarlet Witch (team leader), Quicksilver, Psylocke, Sage, Angel and Iceman. Why Iceman, you ask? He went through a long period where his uniform consisted of a pair of tiddy-whities dyed blue. He was rather disturbing to be around when he wasn't iced-up. Recently he started wearing this "uniform" again.

Tomorrow I will work on finding a suitable base of operations for the new team.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a kick ass team. I think Scarlet Witch will do a fine job leading them. Those poor women got stuck with Iceman and his blue undies. Oh well, maybe they can lock him away until they need him for a mission.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

There is definitely something disturbing about that outfit. And Bobby insists on wearing it all the time. Frankly I'm glad to have him out of the mansion.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The Scarlet Witch will do well. A suitable secret base will be the nightclubs. Thet will blend in with the others there.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose I did ask for a team... I don't approve of the name very much, but I did ask for your help.
I'm a little concerned about Elizabeth though, from what I hear she's not be herself as of late. Bobby I can deal with, believe me that costume will not stay. As for Warren and Tessa, well, no complaint there I guess.
I'm quite excited to see what the base is going to be. Hopefully somewhere civilized and please, not a tree house.
And Gaia, if you ever need a place to stay or a team to join, please, come see me.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

A nightclub does seem strangely appropriate for the new team, but perhaps fortunately for Wanda, I was not able to locate one. I think she will be happy with the property that I did find.

As far as the name goes, while it may seem a little shocking at first, given the limitations of mutant team law, I think you may just find it's a good fit. Hopefully it will grow on you. You're at least guaranteed to get some press. Lack of media attention was what killed the Champions, after all.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never get rid of my undies!!!!!!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing at being Namor, the Sub-Mariner, eh?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters