Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fortunately my telepathic abilities have now fully returned. Jon, the Intergalactic Gladiator had uncovered the source of the interference with all the telepaths on Earth - an energy wave from the mysterious Asteroid X. Cyclops and Beast accompanied Jon to the asteroid and were able to disable the wave, which turned out to be a transporter beam sending the Brood to Earth. They also, with a little help, managed to destroy the bizarre Sentinel/Brood Queen hybrid that seemed to be in charge, along with blowing up the whole asteroid. Who created this nightmare amalgam of human and alien destruction? That remains unknown.

Another powerful telepath, Gaia, has also gone on a mission to space in order to ensure that the Brood Queen that had been plaguing Manhattan was never going to be a threat again. She took the X-Jet, along with Storm, Scarlet Witch and some other X-Men, to track the Queen down. They've been having a bit of difficulty so far. You can read Gaia's blog for updates.

At first it was rather disconcerting to have lost my telepathic abilities. I am rather use to the constant background noise of people's thoughts. Being able to communicate with anyone anywhere on the planet when ever I want is also rather comforting. Being reduced to having to use a phone seemed rather barbaric.

The one welcome aspect of having a break from my power was the peace and quiet. I had forgotten what that was like and to be honest, I got use to it rather quickly. It can be rather hard to tune out the thoughts of those around me. Images from others' minds are always intruding on my thoughts.

You probably wouldn't be surprised what the X-Men think about. Whoever Wolverine is talking to, he always imagines skewering them with his claws. Nightcrawler can't help picture every woman he sees as being naked. Gambit pictures Colossus naked. I don't know why that boy bothers trying to hide it.

Hopefully Jon, Beast and Cyclops will make it back to Earth safe and sound. I also hope that Gaia and her team don't end up killing each other. In space, no one can hear you scream.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

It was a close call but we're all back safe and sound.

That was an exciting mission, Professor, if you need any assistance in the future, please don't heistate to give me the ole ringy dingy.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds like the X Men need some therapy.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

Hire Dr. Strange, I heard he's a great psychatrist! He cured the Scarelte Witch, or thats what my copy of House of M told me.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Maybe I need to take the whole team on Dr. Phil. Jon, you did an excellent job on that mission.

I will definitely think of you when the need of an intergalactic gladiator arises. And with us, it always does.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters