Sunday, October 16, 2005

I had a very alarming alert from the Scarlet Witch today. The construction crews who are renovating her team's new headquarters at the Palladium nightclub in Manhattan had uncovered a large quantity of very suspicious looking green goo. Fearing the worst, I had Sage, a rather capable member of her team who has the uncanny ability to interface with computer mainframes, enjoys total recall and can analyze her surroundings with amazing logic, investigate the substance.

She confirmed my concerns. It is a Brood hatchery.

You may have heard about this hostile powerful alien species. They are particularly viscous warriors who the X-Men have faced on several occasions. From the size of the remains, it appears they were three eggs, meaning three hatched Brood fighters. I have no idea why they are in New York, but it can't be good.

I also realize that Scarlet Witch's team, the X-Hibitionists, haven't had time to train together as a group, but all the members do have a great deal of experience and have worked together in the past in various combinations. Unfortunately, Angel was away from the base furniture shopping and Dazzler was doing press on Larry King live. That left only the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Sage and Iceman at the scene.

Using her particular powers, Sage was able to deduce where the Brood hatchlings had gone to hide - an isolated boarded up room in the musty basement. Wanda took charge of the situation. She had Psylocke use her psionic energy knife to smash through the barricade into the abandoned room. The Brood hatchlings charged out at the heroes, fangs bared and claws out.

Iceman threw up a quick barricade of solid ice which two of the creatures smashed into. Quicksilver charged at the other one at very fast speed. The creature lunged forward at him but Pietro spun on his heels and ducked out of the way at the last moment, easily dodging the creature whose momentum sent him flying into a wall.

The two Iceman had stopped scrambled over his barrier. Scarlet Witch fired a hex bolt at one, causing the dangerous creature to improbably spin out of control and smash into his brother. Iceman encased them both in a thick slab of ice. Psylocke blasted the third into unconsciousness.
Wanda called SHIELD and a team arrived quickly to take possession of the aliens.

All in all, the X-Hibitionists did an outstanding job though short-handed and with very little preparation. I am still worried about just where those eggs came from. Clearly this bears more investigation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That could well be the case Dazzler. I will definitely have to look into it.

Bishop does win a coveted No Prize. Angel and Psylocke had planned to go shopping together but Warren made an inappropriate comment to her and pinched her left buttocks. Psylocke slapped him in the face and came back early. I had also fogot to mention that Dazzler, who is also part of the team now, was out promoting the club on Larry King when the action started. I have modified the post accordingly.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The club should have been having regular Brood-hatchery checks

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Cairo, Egypt..boring, as ever.
I thought I'd have more fun going out to travel again, but it sounds like you guys are having more fun back at the mansion. Hunting aliens sounds awsome. I have a few more stops to make and then I think I might come back. I'm not even sure why I left, I've seen almost every country in the world. Maby I need more missions to keep me busy. I'll be in the danger room alot when I get back, I assure you.
Best Wishes
Gaia:)

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me, is the green girl on this site a mutant?

http://www.makingfiends.com/

7:11 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Haris, it does seem like the design of the Zerg of Starcraft may well be based on the Brood, but they are not the same. The X-Men actually destroyed the Brood homeworld a couple of years ago, but many survived, scattered throughout the galaxy. That may well explain in fact why they are here on Earth - revenge.

Jean Luc is absolutely right. We are going to have to do regular Brood searches. There may be something particular about that nightclub that attracts them.

I'm sorry to hear your trip isn't all that hoped it would be Gaia. If you are looking for some real excitement, I understand that the Inhumans have been having a problem with the Kree recently. Apparently that alien empire is trying to steal some Inhuman technology. I'm sure Blackbolt would welcome some help from a being as powerful as you.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

The Brood on Earth? Professor, do you need assistance?

9:37 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

We may very well Jon. Thank you for your offer. I'll let you know how our investigation turns out.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters