Thursday, October 20, 2005

I am still cut off from any telepathic contact with the teams that are in the field battling the Brood warriors that have been appearing across Manhattan. A large hatchery was discovered under the Palladium, the nightclub where the Dazzler performs and Scarlet Witch's new team, the X-Hibitionists are building their headquarters. Fortunately, Wolverine, Beast and Nightcrawler happened to be on the scene when the vicious alien monsters attacked. Unfortunately, some unknown force is blocking my telepathy and I lost contact with them, as well as with Storm and Cyclops' two teams of mutant heroes whom I sent into the city.

As soon as I lost contact with my people, I phoned Deadpool and asked him to investigate. He was quickly able to locate Storm's team. A hoard of Brood had erupted in Times Square and were attacking everything in sight. Some of the monsters were also grabbing helpless passers-by, seemingly at random.

Storm and her team, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee and Polaris had engaged the aliens and were locked in a fierce struggle to the death. Storm was blasting the creatures with lightening she summoned from the sky but they were resistant to the electrical bolts. Three of the monsters had ganged up on Gambit, keeping him off balance and unable to effectively use his energy charging powers against them. It was all he could do to avoid their lashing claws.

Jubilee's fireworks displays were having some effect on confusing the creatures but one of them managed to sneak up behind her. A barbed claw swiped across her back, sending her sprawling into the midst of a whole pack of them. The monsters moved in for the kill on the stunned teen. Just then, Deadpool swung in from above and unleashed a hail of bullets into the Brood warriors. They quickly scattered.

Rogue and Polaris were having considerable more success. Using her awesome powers of magnetism, Polaris was able to lift automobiles and swat the Brood like bugs. Meanwhile, Rogue kept to the high ground, attacking the creatures from above. A wise man has said that the victory always goes to the one who holds the high ground, and such was the case here at least. The remaining Brood scattered into the sewer.

The X-Men followed and found the remains of a hatchery. Deadpool actually stumbled upon it after stepping into the gooey remains of an egg. He called me at that point to give me the above report. He said he would contact me again with the results of his hunt.

Meanwhile, Cyclops' team, Gaia, Colossus, Havok and Banshee had followed up a hunch. Scott had been surfing the internet when he uncovered a journal belonging to Jon, the Intergalactic Gladiator. On that site, Jon had reported his own frequent combat experiences with various alien races. Scott jumped to the conclusion that Jon had somehow lead the Brood here, so he went to the Gladiator's apartment in the city to confront him.

The X-Men waited in the dark until Jon returned home. Seizing the element of surprise, Cyclops sprung on him. Jon managed to flip him over and get him into a choke hold which Scott quickly broke. Just as Scott in his fury was about to blast him, Professor Xavier stepped between the two men. Both were stunned, of course, and the fight stopped. Obviously it wasn't really me. Gaia, using her reality warping powers, dropped the illusion.

"You two have to stop this crazy fight," Gaia said.

"Hey, he started it," Jon objected.

"He probably planted the aliens here!" accused Scott.

"Oh don't be so silly," said Gaia. "I've searched his mind and Jon is one of the good guys. He doesn't know where these gross things came from. We have to work together and -"

Just then, a loud crash outside distracted them. Rushing to the window, they saw the sidewalk open up as Brood warriors spilled into the street. The team quickly leapt into battle. Colossus grabbed one of the monsters and used him to bash the others. Havok and Banshee unleashed their full powers and drove the beasts back. Cyclops, Gaia and Jon leapt down into the hole in the street and rushed to the hatchery below. They blasted everything in sight.

When the carnage was over, all the aliens were vanquished. The team was exhausted but victorious. Gaia called me on her cell phone to update me. They all rushed over to the Palladium to see how the X-Hibitionists had faired, but I haven't heard back from them yet. It has been awhile now. I sincerely hope they are alright.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Another day at the office for the X Men.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Man, I'm having the weirdest day. I totally don't remember things happening like that.

Having "weird days" is normal for me, though I guess.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I am receiving updated reports from the teams. I think everything will be clear, and consistant, soon.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

Yup, yup no need to thank me. I'm just a hero doing my job(for cash and stuffs). Plus I was able to get an unhatched brood egg, and I'm selling it on ebay.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, we've cleaned up and gotten rid of the brood warriors in the city. Obviously, all we have to focous on now is finding the queen and how she got here. I find it strange we haven't picked up any traces of her yet though.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Your teams have done excellent work in combating the aliens. The world is in your debt. And I'm glad Longshot has found his way back from where ever he has been, Alison.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters