Friday, October 21, 2005

I have been able to determine the cause of the interference with both mine and Gaia's telepathic abilites. There are strange eminations from an asteroid near Jupiter, which I have named Asteroid X. Why 'X'? Because it is the first letter of my last name and therefore I name everything with it. Does that make me self-centered? I certainly don't think so. Anyway, the odd energy waves are affecting all telepaths on Earth.

Deadpool has just phoned in to tell me of the progress made by he and the team of X-Men lead by Storm. They were able to to trace the Brood warriors that had attacked Times Square back to their main hatchery. There they found a large group of very confused and gooey citizens. Once the few Brood guards had been dispatched, Deadpool and the others lead the people back up to the surface and into the arms of the emergency service workers.

What concerns me most though is the situation at the Palladium. I still haven't heard from - wait - I'm getting a call right now. It's Gaia, reporting in. I suppose I might as well feed this directly to you, since this concerns everyone on the planet.

"Professor, I just wanted to let you know that everything is OK."

"I'm glad to hear that, Gaia. I was getting worried. What's been happening?"

"We arrived at the club and found it kind of smashed up. There were yucky alien insect bodies everywhere. When I went inside with Jon, the Intergalactic Gladiator and Cyclops' team, we couldn't find anybody. After searching around a bit though, we located a tunnel in the basement. It lead to big cavern. The X-Hibitionists and Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Beast were in the middle of a huge battle with hundreds of Brood warriors."

"Oh no! What happened?"

"They looked like they were pretty overwhelmed. Wolverine was in full beserker fury but he was cut up pretty bad. Dazzler was pressed against the wall, surrounded by the monsters. She was unleashing a huge amount of light energy at them but she looked exhausted. We all rushed in to help. The tide of battle started to turn and we managed to beat all the monsters."

"That is excellent news, Gaia!"

"Yeah, but we are pretty worn out. The fight lasted for hours. We're all mostly OK and I think we got all of the beasties, including their eggs."

"Very good. Is Jon still there?"

"Yeah, I'll put him on," she answered.

"Hey, Professor," I heard Jon say.

"Hello, Jon. I've been reviewing your blog and I have seen in one of your entries that you have unique powers. Powers that, because of their nature, went unnoticed by me until very recently. You have abilities that we need to save the Earth."

"Well I have saved the Earth before," he said. "I guess I can do it again."

Then I informed Jon about the Shi'ar presence on Asteroid X, along with what appears to be Sentinel technology. How that could that get to a satillite around Jupiter, I have no idea. I asked Jon to accompany Cyclops and Beast to investigate and he eagerly agreed. This kind of mission will be ideal for an intergalactic gladiator.

The other X-Men are going to continue scowering the city for any further sign of the Brood, though hopefully they have all been cleaned out. Hmm, there's some strange crashing sound downstairs. I thought I was the only one left in the mansion. I better go check it out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah The brood can be pesky. I usully eat them. Are you the human who keeps trying to enter my mind? stop it it's annoying.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

It's nothing personal, I assure you. When I have Cerebro on, I'm in everyone's mind.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I got the idea that everybody always seems out on a mission. The mansion seems very lonely. Who goes out and does the shopping?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That's what Freshman are for, Captain. I'm sure you must have cadets on your ship so you know doubt understand what I mean.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters