Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Well, I just had one disappointing phone call. I had contacted Dr. Stephen Strange, master of the mystical arts and leader of the Defenders, in order to try and find a new home for the totally annoying and almost completely useless Wolverine.

"Hello?" said Dr. Strange's manservant, Wong. How he gets away with having an Asian manservant in this politically correct day and age, I have no idea. Hmmm, a manservant certainly sound useful though. Perhaps with the right use of my telepathic powers, Sunfire might just fit the bill.

I told Wong who I was and he put Dr. Strange on the phone. "Hello Charles," he said. "How are the X-Men these days?"

"Just great thanks," I answered. "What's new with the Defenders?"

"Not much. It's a little hard to keep tabs on everyone, though. We don't really have a formal roster. We're a bit more of a non-team, really. Basically anyone who wants to can be a member."

"Well that's terrific. I actually have a student who is ready to, um, graduate, and leave the school. I was hoping you might have a spot for him."

"Who is it?" Strange asked, the rising suspicion unmistakable in his voice.

"Um, Wolverine," I replied.

"Oh. I see. Well, I'm sorry Charles, but now that I think about it, our ranks are overflowing right now and we just can't take anyone else. Bye."

And the line went dead before I could say another word. Sigh. My "friend" had also suggested the New Avengers. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always make Alpha Flight take him back.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but when I had posted my comment after "daddy's" -ugh- I read the other entry's and took interst in your predicament. If you would like I could alter Wolverine's personality, instead of you trying to dump him off on someone else. I haven't completly masterd my power but I am sure I could deal with the problem you have with Wolverine. Send him back to the savage lands and I will send him back in 3 days time with a totally new(better) personallity. And ahh...say hi to Scott for me, would you? :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I certainly do appreciate the suggestions. I did actually try Alpha Flight but apparently they are on hiatus. If the New Avengers don't work out, then I may very well take you up on your offer Wanda. I'm glad to see you are developing more control of your powers. I know they can be . . unpredictable.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get a new mind too...Also on another point, how does a dork like Cyclops get all the hot chicks? I mean Jean Grey, the Goblin QUeen chick, Psylocke, Emma Frost, now the Scarlet Witch(who's married to a robot right?) And not much love for Wade *sniff*

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want one I guess I could try.Oh and Vision,my husband, he's a...dead now. And Scotts got good looks.You, has anyone actually seen your face Deadpool?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters