Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I received the call from Magneto today that he has reached the secret Brotherhood of Mutants base in the Savage Land in the Antarctic. He made rather good time considering that he only left his federally provided "accommodations" the day before yesterday. I have had some who saw my post on this blog question my wisdom in helping to liberate a "mutant terrorist" and to them I say, I have my reasons. Specifically, Magento tells me that he is all ready to receive Wolverine. That is a tremendous relief to me as well as several of my students. Wolverine has managed to annoy and offend just about everyone at my school.

I called Wolverine into my office to break the news to him.

"What's up, Chuck?" he asked, immediately falling into a fit of the giggles. The past hundred or so times he has used that inane line I have given him a loud groan in return. This time, savoring my near-euphoria at the prospect of being free of the juvenile lout, I waited politely for him to compose himself.

"Logan, I have some good news for you."

"Yeah, you just save money on your car insurance?" Again he dissolved into uncontrollable laughter.

"Why no," I started once he had stopped. "I have heard that there is a new reality show that is being made about mutants."

"Really?" he asked, his eyes immediately brightening up. In case I haven't mentioned it, Wolverine is a reality show junky.

"Actually, I understand that it is a reality game show, similar to the Amazing Race."

"No friggin' way! You ain't toyin' with me, are you bub?"

"Not at all. I've just been told all about it by my old friend, Erik Lehnsherr. He told me that he would like you to be featured on the show."
"Oh man, this is gonna be great! I am going to kick so much ass! I'm gonna be famous!"

"Very good. I'll have Storm fly you in the X-Jet to the filming location. I wish you the best of luck. You will certainly be missed here at the school, but we understand that destiny awaits you." No reason not to be diplomatic in my victory.

Without even a thank you or a backwards glance, Wolverine raced off to pack his bags. I let out a long slow sigh as the biggest smile of my life crossed my lips. "Free at last, free at last."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! That'll teach you to come into make comic book and every other comic book every friggin month!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

The students actually organized a party for Wolverine's farewell. They threw it after he was gone. Cyclops organized the whole thing. He had the biggest grin on his face all night.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters