Monday, March 26, 2007

"Well Hank, is your dimensional travel thingie working yet?"

"Actually Professor, the correct designation is interspatial transduction coordinator. And no, it's not fully operational, I'm sorry to say."

"And what seems to be the problem?"

"The device's primary function is to allow transit to the Negative Zone. It isn't calibrated to open a portal to Hell. Lacking the basic parameters, I wouldn't know how to synchronize the dappler settings."

"It's fortunate for us that I anticipated and planned for this eventuality." The rest of the assembled X-Men looked at me in confusion. I allowed myself a brief gloating smile. Sending a telepathic signal, the rear door banged open. In walked a man, sort of, clad in black leather. Fingers of flame leapt from his barren skull.

"Ghost Rider?!" the team shouted in unison. "What's he doing here?"

"We are going to Hell," I reminded them. "We'll need a way to travel there and a guide to Mephisto once we arrive. Mr. Rider here just seemed like a natural fit."

I nodded to Ghost Rider and he started swinging his blazing chain around in a circle. A strange whistling noise filled the room as a swirling eddy of light started to form. Intense heat emanated from the portal.

"Aw crap," Iceman said.

"X-Men!" I shouted. "Tonight we dine in Hell!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Thingie? You said thingie?

It just seems out of character, you know.

I do like that last line though.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Is it just me or is Ghost Rider wearing a whore's uniform?

2:16 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

It was a senior moment, Jon. The word just wasn't coming.

And Robin, I wouldn't say that to his face, if I were you. Not that he has a face.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The food could be burnt there.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bennet said...

I think that last line is best delivered by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Or have you taken up cheesy lines as a new hobby?

12:22 PM  
Blogger ? said...

I know your one of them. The Illuminatti.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Strangely, snow cones were invented by immigrants from the Negative Zone.

True story.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters