Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Wait a minute," came a sultry voice from around the corner. "Don't you think your team is a little testosterone heavy, Charles?"

"Why Emma, I didn't realize that you were back from England. But you don't really want to go to Hell with us, do you?"

"It's bound to happen to me eventually. I might as well scope out the territory now."

"Enough small talk," boomed the ethereal growl of Ghost Rider. "I can't keep this portal open much longer."

Nodding to Emma, I signaled to the team and everyone started jumping through the flaming oval. When it was Iceman's turn, he hesitated. You didn't have to be a telepath to see his fear.

"Professor," he said meekly, "do I really have to do this?"

"Come now, Bobby. Would you ever heard of Hercules if he hadn't performed his 12 mighty labors? No. He'd just be Herc the goat herder and would have passed into obscurity. It's only through facing great challenges that we grow. Adversity gives us strength and skills and allows us to become heroes. Learning is-"

"Alright, alright!" Iceman said, jumping through the flames. I steered my hoverchair after him and entered the Infernal Realm.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Seriously, how does she keep that thing on? Is it with telekenesis or something?

10:16 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Wait, do you mean Herc the Goat Herder from Ithica, or Herc the Goat Herder from Thebes?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Nightwing said...

It seems your moral-boosting speeches are a far greater Hell.

2:35 AM  
Blogger captain koma said...

This reminds of my D&D days and that idiot Dillon who was a good DM but he always wanted us to go through the seven levels of Hell.

I just hope you guys fare better than my D&D character Rosethorn did.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Don't forget to write!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell? Why're you ridiculously mocking such a great character with your ridiculous stories?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

I came to visit from Captain Picard's place because anyone who watches The Soup is a friend of mine. ;)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Xavier, I am amazed that you do not drink as heavily as you do.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters