Sunday, November 26, 2006

"What's up, Chuck?"

groan "Hello Logan," I said with a sigh as I closed my laptop. No reason for Wolverine to see what I was working on. It would take too long to explain why I host a Vampirella fan site.

"You got a minute?"

"For my star player? Of course. What can I do for you?"

"Now that Wade's little game is over, you got to do the Amazing Mutant Race again."

"What?" I said with a start. "I'm not doing that again."

"You got to. You said once Deadpool did his thing, you would do another Race."

"No Wolverine. What I said was that I wouldn't do it while Deadpool was doing his game. Just to clarify, I also won't do it when he's not doing a game."

"Oh sure! You get to go off and do that cool Last Gladiator show, leavin' me an' Storm in charge a this school."

"Belive me Logan, if I had any idea you wanted to go, I would -"

"And last year you let non-mutants play! That little green fortune cookie an' the hot soldier chick won! They ain't even mutants! The title says Amazing Mutant Race! You owe me!"

"Logan, do you have any idea how much work putting on one of those things is? I really don't-"

"Damnit, Chuck, I'm the back-bone of this team! All these teams! If you don't do it, I'm gonna join the Avengers full time!"

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me."

The evil snarl on his face left me little doubt as to his resolve. " . . fine. I'll do another Race. But after the holidays."

"Fine. An' no non-mutants."

"No. The Race will be open to anyone who wants to play, mutant, human, alien or whatever."

"But it's the Amazing Mutant Race!"

"I'll have to think about that."

17 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Amazing Mutant race? It's too bad that if I participate that I will likely get repetitive stress disorder in my foot.

From kicking everyone's butt!!

9:43 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Hmmmm, sounds fun.

1:19 AM  
Blogger TX said...

Hmmm perhaps I and Magneto should join we are mUtants after all

11:20 AM  
Blogger - said...

I think Wolverine is a bit touchy having being left with Storm.
May I ask, are Amazonians are allowed to join?

12:44 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

How about angry and bitter clones, who had a Gladiator championship stolen from them by a backstabbing Jedi? can they play?


I am just asking for a friend, not me *coughcough*

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

This sounds discrimitory against non-mutants.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

If you really want to get technical, Captain, we're all mutants. There has to be at least one gene somewhere in your DNA that has a slight variance from your parents'.

And with all your phasers and reflector dishes and transporter beams, I'm suprised all the children of Starfleet personell aren't all born cross eyed or something.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That's just Wolverine. He can be a bit of an elitist. Of course the race will be open to everyone. The whole mission of my school is to bring tolerance and inclusion to all peoples.

7:06 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Well Koma wants in too. Hmmm maybe not Koma.

Gee who could I send.

Vortex
Ayris
Crater
Ki-Yama

they're all mutants (well super humans) they'd enjoy some extra curicular activities.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

I am in again.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Need a commentator, Professor? I think I could find a suitable outfit for the occasion

6:14 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Ta-Dah!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

lol!

Super-Simon sounds perfect. I'm still putting the site together. It will be here - http://amazingmutantrace3.blogspot.com/

My e-mail is there. If you send me an e-mail, I'll send you an invite.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

I ain't touchy about bein' left with Storm, Great the Tin can, andd Flamin' Magneto. Jon the dog whisperer who may or may not be a mutant. The Hot Amazon, Whatever the moonites are , and The short Naplolean wanna be alien. All commentated by Simon dressed like Flamin' Robin Yeah this ain't gonna be a Circus .

7:22 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

What? Your calling somone short Logan? I'm taller than you!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Yamcha said...

Don't let Vegeta in your Game He's an evil planner!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Tony Stark Iron Man said...

looks to be a nice game Charles

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters