Monday, June 19, 2006

"Well, Mr. Summers, we are waiting. Do you have something to say or not?"

Damn that snotty chairman. What the hell should I say? What would the Professor say? I wish he were here instead of me. But oh no, he had to go off on some cool gameshow with that hot redheaded chick. He's probably having a great time and meeting cool and interesting people and doing just amazing -

"Mr. Summers, please, if you have something to say, say it!"

Gaia nudged me in the elbow. Thanks. "Well, um, really I just wanted to say that this whole, you know, idea of cure and all, well . . it certainly is, um, kind of big. You know, important. Just the idea of curing a mutant's powers, well, I guess some people will like and some won't. I mean, if I were a mutant, you know, with powers and all . . well . . I might want the cure. And I might not. It just depends, if you can see what I'm saying."

"Thank you for that, Mr. Summers. It was short and utterly pointless. Now then, if there is no further discussion on this issue, we will proceed with our announcement."

All eyes turned to look at the chairman. He pulled a document out of a folder. I tried to lean over to look at it but he snatched it away from me and gave me a nasty scowl.

"Firstly, this committee is hereby declaring the first authorized treatment clinic for dispensing of the mutant cure as open. It is located on the ground floor of this building and will make the cure available to any mutant who wishes to avail him or herself of it from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday."

Wow. This is going to piss off a lot of people. Hopefully Magneto has learned his lesson the last time he tried to stop this thing. I glanced around the room and saw a lot of surprised faces. A low murmur filled the air.

"Secondly," the chairman continued, "the President of the United States has signed an executive order authorizing courts to direct that any person convicted of a crime involving the use of mutant powers be administered the cure."

The murmur died. The whole room was in shock. I couldn't really believe what I was hearing.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing!" I shouted as I got to my feet. "You can't do that!"

"It is already done, Mr. Summers."

8 Comments:

Blogger Wolverine said...

Oh yeah this ain't gonna be good.

10:24 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

How about only giving the cure to really annoying Mutants like Wolverine or Jack on "Will and Grace". Just a suggestion.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh oh I smell trouble

5:54 AM  
Blogger SHI said...

Scott... waves

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Maybe you could substitute the cure for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, 'cuz who wouldn't want that injected into their veins?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Pfft, newbies.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Any time, my friend.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strong guy!!!? What am i chop liver.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters