Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Vhat, do you have a date tonight, Scott?" Nightcrawler asked me.

"Hey man, I'm trying to get ready! There's a reason why I lock the door you know!"

"Heh, heh. You know zat can't ztop me."

To prove his point he teleported in a cloud of foul smelling smoke from one side of my room to the other. To make sure there would be no doubt as to my displeasure, I doubled over and tried to cough really hard. He just rolled his eyes.

"And who is da lucky lady? It is a voman zis time, ya?"

"Of course it is! Would you please get out of here?!"

He did that annoying little smirk he does. "Ze only reason dat I ask is dat zere is a very pretty blond voman at za door. I vas thinking of making a play, za?"

Damn it. I finished dressing and rushed downstairs. Carol Danvers was there. She really looked stunning in her slinky red dress. For some reason my knees started to get shakey and I tripped as I hurried over to her. It was kind of embarassing.

"Hello Scott," she said with a friendly smile.

"Uh . . hi. That's, um, a really nice dress."

"Why thank you. It certainly was nice of Danny to fix us up, don't you think?"

"Uh . . yes."

With that I led her out to the garage and then drove us to Mason de Jaques where I had made reservations. I couldn't really think of anything to say to her so we were pretty quiet as we road.

At the table, we both ordered. I wanted her to think I knew what I was doing so I picked something at random. I really had no idea what it was. Everything was in French. When the food finally came, I still didn't know what it was. Sort of big plop of yellowish goo. It tasted pretty weird.

I thought I was doing pretty well during diner but then I spilled a glass of wine all over myself. I told her that we had just fought a huge battle against Apocalypse and that I was still a little shaken up. She gave me a very patronizing smile.

I drove us back to the mansion.

"So . . would you like to, uh, c-come up and see my . . um . . collection of comic books?" I asked her.

"Comics books?"

"Oh, I mean, um, art. Would you like to see my art?"

She paused for a moment and then smiled warmly. "Sure."

I gulped hard and led her up to my room. For some reason my hand was kind of trembling as I opened the door. Everything was really loud. My heartbeat sounded like a drum. She followed me. I turned around to face her. I wiped the sweat off my brow. This was it, I told myself.

I moved closer and leaned in for a kiss. Carol was turning her face to look around the room and I bumped my forehead into hers.

"Ow!" she excalimed.

"Oh man, I am so sorry," I said as we both rubber our foreheads.

"Hey, that's okay. I just didn't realize you were going in. You have to give a girl the head's up when you're going to make your move."

My cheeks felt like they were burning. "Oh. I'm, uh, really sorry." I had to try and salvage this somehow. "Would you, uh, like to sit on the, uh, bed?"

I turned to point at it but somehow when I twisted my body I fell over. I guess I was a little dizzy from the blow to the head. I looked up at Carol and she looked like she was trying to stiffle a laugh.

"Actually, I have to, um, get up early for work tomorrow," she said. "But that thanks for dinner."

I was going to offer to show her out but she was already gone. Sigh. Maybe it's just as well. Gaia wants me to go to some kind of meeting tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger concerned citizen said...

So much for the one eyed monster.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Is it me or is Cyclops taking on some of Hudson's characteristics?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Iceman said...

Hey Scott you didn't wet yourself this time! High Five!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

dang An' I was hopin ' ta get Carol ta leave me alone!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I chose to take Scott's growing similarity to Hudson, as well as his self-control in not wetting himself this time, as character growth. He's definitely working very slowly towards starting to mature at some point in the not too distant future.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

Not too smoothe.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Too bad, Scott!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

Thanks for the lovely time Scott...


Logan you know I would never leave you alone ;) we have had way to much fun

5:51 PM  
Blogger SHI said...

brinnnggg "this is Scott Summers leave your name and muber"



Hi Scott this is Ana Ishikawa, been looking for Danny, he didnt go with you and Gaia to the thing you are going to, did he?


Hmmmm no I guess he wouldnt have done that... well after you and Gaia is through give me a call... I am really worried about Danny

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters