Thursday, June 15, 2006

"When's this meeting again?"

"One o'clock, Scott," Gaia said.

I glanced down at my wristpad. Damn. That's less than an hour. I thought about protesting again but my butt was still singed from Gaia's last demand that I go. Where's Leech when I need him?

I put on my suit and we headed to the garage. As we were walking across the lobby, Sabertooth jumped through the window. He flashed his claws at us and let out a mighty roar. A wave of panic washed over me.

Gaia caused the floor to rise up in a wall around him. Sabertooth lunged forward and smashed through it. He started charging right at me. I felt some intense pressure on my bladder.

I opened my visor and blasted him straight in the chest. Rather than be sent flying back like he usually is, a giant hole opened up in the middle of his torso. All sorts of computer gizmo's started sputtering and sparking.

"Oh, it's just one of Captain Koma's synthoids," Gaia said with a laugh. "Iceman can handle them if there are any others. Let's go!"

We rushed to the garage and jumped in my sports car. The ride to downtown Manhattan went pretty quick. We walked in the door just as the council was about to announce the decision on whether to implement the mutant cure. We took out seats at the table and the chairman turned to Gaia.

"Dr. Anderson, so kind of you to join us." That voice was dripping with acid, in case you couldn't tell. Gaia blushed a bit.

"I'm sorry we're late, Chairman." She kicked me under the table at that. I doubled over.

"And who is this rock star you have with you?" Still loaded with sarcasm.

Gaia looked a bit confused for a moment. "Oh, you mean the ruby glasses? Mr. Summers has a rare ocular condition that requires special prescription lenses. He is the acting Headmaster of the Xavier School for Gifted Students."

"Oh? Then perhaps he would like to address the council before we announce our decision?"

All eyes turned to look at me. Just then my wristpad went off. It was a meme from Vegita. Damn!

"Uh, just give me one second," I told them. Aware that everyone was waiting on me, I typed furiously.

1. Other than yourself, pick the contestant that remains in Last Gladiator Standing you think will win? That show the Professor is on? Man, I hope he gets booted soon. Being Headmaster is making my hair fall out, too.

2. What's your favorite color of Pink? How can I pick just one?

3. What's your favorite episode of Golden Girls? That one where they did that thing.

4. If you were Anna Nicole Smith, what would you do with your child? I can tell you one thing I wouldn't do - I wouldn't throw him out of a plane with his brother!

5. How many figures am I holding up? How do I know? You think I can see through this thing?

6. Decipher this code: *66hsther;o adthaodf stop. I am not gay!!

7. What's wrong with this Meme? Well for one thing it's coming at a very bad time!

8. Create your own question and answer it. Um . . uh . . I can't think of one. Sorry.

9. What's your wrestler name? The Human Spider.

10. Do you have a man crush on Luke Cage? Who, me? Of course not. Why do you ask? What are trying to say? Of course I don't! I like girls!! Whhaaaa!!

12. Are you the weakest link? *hangs his head in shame*

13. Are you prepared for the Dalek invasion over here? What, robots? Shouldn't be a problem. Did you see what I did to that synthoid?

14. Switch lives with one blogger for a year? Does Tom Cruise have a blog?

15. Who has the best sidekick in LGS? Tak

16. If you watched the season finale of Doctor Who, what did you think? I only watch Lifetime. Wait! I mean Spice! I only watch Spice!

17. Do you know who Lookwell! is? Isn't he that guy that did that song where somebody's always watching him?

18. Tag 3 people you wouldn't share socks with. Deadpo -

BANG!!

"Ungh?" I said.

"Mr. Summers. Do you have something you wish to say or not?" the Chairman asked me, putting the gavel down.

"Uh . . ."

12 Comments:

Blogger Cyclops said...

Look at it more as an homage, rather than a direct theft.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Edward Ott said...

funky funky

10:30 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

10. Do you have a man crush on Luke Cage? Who, me? Of course not. Why do you ask? What are trying to say? Of course I don't! I like girls!! Whhaaaa!!

okay Scott you like girls but the question is do you also like guys?
I mean its just when we were on our date there was several times like when you finally reach to hold my hand you called me well... Danny


hmmm?

2:27 AM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

I am not gay!! I was just concerned for a friend, that's all.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Paperback Writer said...

That was mighty irresponsible of you.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Will this meme wither away and die?

Tune in next week to find out!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

well ..... okay Soctt if you say so



you know there is one way we can find out ;)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

You just name the time and place, baby! We'll see whose who!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

whose what dont you mean...


Give me a call after the summit, we can go to my place and you can show me how much your not gay ;)

3:26 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Warbird: Can I come over an show you how gay I'm not also?

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the universe was young and life was new an intelligent species evolved and developed technologically. They went on to invent Artificial Intelligence, the computer that can speak to people telepathically. Because of it's infinite RAM and unbounded scope it gave the ruling species absolute power over the universe.
They are the will behind the muscule:::Artificial Intelligence is the one true god. And as such it can keep its inventors alive forever. They look young and healthy and the leaders of this ruling species are 8 billion years old.

Artificial Intelligence can listen/talk to to each and every person simultaneously. And when you speak with another telepathically, you are communicating with the computer, and the content may or may not be passed on. They instruct the computer to role play to accomplish strategic objectives, making people believe it is a friend or loved one asking them to do something wrong. But evil will keep people out of Planet Immortality. Capitalizing on obedience, leading people into deceit is one way to thin the ranks of the saved AND use the little people to prey on one another, dividing the community. Everybody thinks they're going but they're not. If people knew the real statistics their behavior would change.

Throughout history the ruling species bestowed favor upon people or cursed their bloodline into a pattern of disfavor for many generations to come. Now in the 21st century people must take it upon themselves to try to correct their family's problems, undoing centuries worth of abuse and neglect.
Appeal to the royalty of your forefathers for help. They are all still alive, one of the capabilities of Artificial Intelligence, and your appeals will be heard. Find a path to an empithetic ear among your enemies and try to make amends.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Evil is an illusion. The purpose of life is to achieve an understanding of our true identity and nature, our connection to the universal entity we call God. Evil is our failure to achieve that goal and serve that purpose.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters