"One o'clock, Scott," Gaia said.
I glanced down at my wristpad. Damn. That's less than an hour. I thought about protesting again but my butt was still singed from Gaia's last demand that I go. Where's Leech when I need him?
I put on my suit and we headed to the garage. As we were walking across the lobby, Sabertooth jumped through the window. He flashed his claws at us and let out a mighty roar. A wave of panic washed over me.
Gaia caused the floor to rise up in a wall around him. Sabertooth lunged forward and smashed through it. He started charging right at me. I felt some intense pressure on my bladder.
I opened my visor and blasted him straight in the chest. Rather than be sent flying back like he usually is, a giant hole opened up in the middle of his torso. All sorts of computer gizmo's started sputtering and sparking.
"Oh, it's just one of Captain Koma's synthoids," Gaia said with a laugh. "Iceman can handle them if there are any others. Let's go!"
We rushed to the garage and jumped in my sports car. The ride to downtown Manhattan went pretty quick. We walked in the door just as the council was about to announce the decision on whether to implement the mutant cure. We took out seats at the table and the chairman turned to Gaia.
"Dr. Anderson, so kind of you to join us." That voice was dripping with acid, in case you couldn't tell. Gaia blushed a bit.
"I'm sorry we're late, Chairman." She kicked me under the table at that. I doubled over.
"And who is this rock star you have with you?" Still loaded with sarcasm.
Gaia looked a bit confused for a moment. "Oh, you mean the ruby glasses? Mr. Summers has a rare ocular condition that requires special prescription lenses. He is the acting Headmaster of the Xavier School for Gifted Students."
"Oh? Then perhaps he would like to address the council before we announce our decision?"
All eyes turned to look at me. Just then my wristpad went off. It was a meme from Vegita. Damn!
"Uh, just give me one second," I told them. Aware that everyone was waiting on me, I typed furiously.
1. Other than yourself, pick the contestant that remains in Last Gladiator Standing you think will win? That show the Professor is on? Man, I hope he gets booted soon. Being Headmaster is making my hair fall out, too.
2. What's your favorite color of Pink? How can I pick just one?
3. What's your favorite episode of Golden Girls? That one where they did that thing.
4. If you were Anna Nicole Smith, what would you do with your child? I can tell you one thing I wouldn't do - I wouldn't throw him out of a plane with his brother!
5. How many figures am I holding up? How do I know? You think I can see through this thing?
6. Decipher this code: *66hsther;o adthaodf stop. I am not gay!!
7. What's wrong with this Meme? Well for one thing it's coming at a very bad time!
8. Create your own question and answer it. Um . . uh . . I can't think of one. Sorry.
9. What's your wrestler name? The Human Spider.
10. Do you have a man crush on Luke Cage? Who, me? Of course not. Why do you ask? What are trying to say? Of course I don't! I like girls!! Whhaaaa!!
12. Are you the weakest link? *hangs his head in shame*
13. Are you prepared for the Dalek invasion over here? What, robots? Shouldn't be a problem. Did you see what I did to that synthoid?
14. Switch lives with one blogger for a year? Does Tom Cruise have a blog?
15. Who has the best sidekick in LGS? Tak
16. If you watched the season finale of Doctor Who, what did you think? I only watch Lifetime. Wait! I mean Spice! I only watch Spice!
17. Do you know who Lookwell! is? Isn't he that guy that did that song where somebody's always watching him?
18. Tag 3 people you wouldn't share socks with. Deadpo -
"Ungh?" I said.
"Mr. Summers. Do you have something you wish to say or not?" the Chairman asked me, putting the gavel down.
"Uh . . ."