Thursday, May 25, 2006

After taking a long hot bath and celebrating our mutual success in completing the second challenge of Last Gladiator Standing with Maggie, I decided to give the school a call and see how things were going. Wolverine answered the phone.

"What's up, Chuck?" he asked, followed by that annoying little snicker he does each time he uses that stale, tired, over-done unfunny joke.

"Hello Logan. How are things at the school?"

"Uh . . the school . . yeah . . it's still here. Sure, things are, uh, just fine."

"Well that's a relief. Is Scott around?"

"Sure, here's right here balled up in the corner whimpering to himself."

"Excuse me?"

"No, no. I mean he's right here. Hang on."

Logan rested the phone down but I could still make out some of what was said in the room. There was a loud thud sound, sort of like a boot kicking a pile of clothes.

"Get the hell up," I heard Logan say. "It's Chuck."

"W-who?" came a very soft girl's voice.

"You know, bald guy. Wheel chair. Founded the X-Men."

"The P-professor?"

"Yeah, that's the guy. Now get up."

There was a long pause and then I heard a new voice on the phone. It took me a moment to realize it was Scott.

"Uh, hi Professor."

"Scott, wonderful to hear your voice. How are things at the school? Any problems?"

"Uh, problems? Um . . nope. No problems at all. Everything is, uh, just like you left it. The, uh, the kids finished their exams and, uh, most of them went home for the summer. So, uh, no problems here. Nope. None at all. Everything is fine. Thanks for asking."

"Excellent. I knew I made the right choice by leaving the school in your capable hands. You've really grown quite a lot Scott and I'm very proud of you."

"Um . . thanks?"

"Keep up the good work. These long distance charges are terrible so I have to get going."

Sounds like the school is doing fine in my absence. Well that's a load of my mind.

15 Comments:

Blogger SHI said...

He was prob waiting for the AF pilot to call

4:17 AM  
Blogger Pantha said...

Now elixir you and Logan dont start the game without me

5:15 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh yeah, Professor, I'm sure everything's fine.

*snicker*

9:03 AM  
Blogger Danny Bailey said...

Now see Mr Summers, I told you that you had nothing to worry about

How about we celebrate ... dinner tonight?

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've returmed from seeing X3 at the cinema. Brilliant!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

*gulp*

I have to, uh, clean out Fred's litter box. Sorry!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Uh, professor, if you think everything's going OK back at your mansion, don't look at the 3 or 4 posts below your current one. Whatever you do, don't look down.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Cardboard Knight said...

Its not a fog machine. It is a smoker, used to open a beehive. When bees smell smoke, they immediatly send out a pharamone that alerts all the other bees. They fill up with honey, and wait for fire. They are unable to sting in this state!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

A beehive smoker, eh? I'm going to have to get me one of those. It looked very cool in your video.

4:35 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

A behive smoker? These wacky kids today, doing any thing to get high. Whey I was your age I didn't have any fancy Bees to smoke, we just had to spin around until we got to dizzy to stand.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Rick Anonymi said...

Do not attempt to adjust your mind. The revolution has begun in earnest.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Pantha said...

snicker's at scott...

so I guess Storm and I will be going with Logan

6:28 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

professor you made my day. Do you know i have a 'thing' for smart guys. >:-}

9:27 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

man, you really got the girls over here. Must be that scholarly sex appeal.

God, why do i always say stuff like that?
I do have more then one thing on my mind, tho.

I want to say again your comment made my day. i was really feeling down & needed a good laff. :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That's all part of my plan to bring humans and mutants together -
laughter.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters