Thursday, June 29, 2006

So we managed to mop up the last of the Terminators. Looking around the smoking ruins of the battlefield, I could see that we had a lot of injured people.

"Anybody seen Elixir?" I asked. Nobody answered. Damn. "Hey, Iceman!"

"Yeah?"

"I want you to take all the injured back the mansion and start-"

"No," said Storm, all cold and authoritative.

"Hey! I'm in charge here and I say-"

"No," she repeated. "Iceman did an excellent job of crowd control at the clinic and we will need him in DC. Angel, take the X-Jet and transport all the injured back to the mansion. Beast, get them emergency medical treatment right away."

"Now you wait just one damn minute!" I shouted. "I'm the leader here and you will respect my authori-tay!"

A lightening bolt suddenly ripped down from the sky and blasted the ground between my feet. I jumped back, falling on my butt. Damn it. As long as Storm's around, I'm never going to get to be leader.

Sigh.

I was thinking about zapping her in the back when Gaia suddenly materialized in front of us. She was about to say something but paused. "Who's the green guy?" she finally asked.

I glanced over and saw Colossus carrying some wounded into the plane. "I think he's a Martian," I said. "He helped us in the fight but Pyro got him. His teammates wandered into the woods muttering to themselves."

"And what's wrong with Kodiak?"

"Ah'm not suh," Rogue answered. "He grew real big like and fought ferocious an' all. Then he jus' kind ah fell asleep."

"Do you have the strength to get us all to Washington?" Storm asked her.

"Sure," Gaia replied. "Uh, what about Kodiak?"

Storm looked down at the slumbering giant. "Bring him. He might awaken."

"Ok. Let me just concentrate. I'm going to have to bend a large space in reality to transport all of us."

Gaia furrowed her brow and focused her powers. The air started to shimmer around us. As the ruined landscape melted away, I wondered to myself what happened to Private Hudson. I had thought he was coming to help us.

Before I knew it, the White House started to take shape in front of us. I could see a giant fiery red bird soaring above it. Jean!

Storm, Rogue and Gaia flew up into the air and tried to talk to her. A strange sonic boom roared from behind the rest of us. I turned around and saw Magneto, Captain Koma and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants appear from a cloud of smoke behind us. Oh man, game over!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(slowly awakes)uh why is rouge carryin me?
How strong is this chick n e way?
you say were going where?
you say were doing what? oh yay.

cyke you use to be the shit! Just give Storm one or two optic blasts and remind her whos been at the x-mens front since day one. Or just wait fer ol X-wheels to get back hes the one who put you at lead.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Hang on, Cyclops, the calvary's on the way!

Uh, where are you guys, anyway?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

We're in Washington DC, man! Hurry up! Bring it on!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You've definatenately got leadership problems with Storm, Scott.

3:39 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

professor, where are you? I miss your visits. :(

Did you guys do something to the professor?

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters