Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Gaia and I managed to make it through the madding crowd to my car. I peeled out in a really cool way and raced uptown.

"You're bleeding, Scott," she said.

I touched my forehead where that damn bottle hit me. Ouch! It was pretty sore. Gaia waved her hand and the car sort of melted into the air. The next thing I knew we were speeding down the school's driveway. I slammed on the brakes and turned the wheel hard. The tires squeeled and a cloud of dust flew into the air. We came to a stop right in front of the door.

Bursting through the door, we found several of the X-Men gathered in the main hall.

"You aren't going to believe what the council just announced!" I shouted.

Storm turned to look at me with that condescending, making me feel two inches tall thing she does. "We already know all about the cure, you idiot! It's been all over the TV."

Pantha came up to Storm and put her hands on her shoulders. She leaned close and whispered into her ear. Storm screamed and shrugged Pantha off. "This is an outrage!" she shouted. "How dare they treat us like we are diseased and need to be cured! I will show them what I think of their cure! I will turn their clinics into powder!"

"Ororo," Logan said stepping over to her. "We can't do that. It won't solve nothin' an' it'll just confirm their worst fears about us."

"Ha!" spat Storm. "The mighty Wolverine as the force of restraint and reason? I don't buy it."

"Storm, he's right," I said. "I hate this as much as you do but we can't-"

Then she punched me hard in the chest. I was knocked flat on my back. Storm stepped over me and flew in a rage out the front door. Pantha jumped after her.

"Damn," said Logan softly as he watched her go. "They only the need the smallest excuse ta take our powers away."

"I don't know," I said. "They still have to convict us of a crime first."

"Are you kiddin' me?" he growled. "We commit crimes all the time. Tresspassin'. Breakin' an' enterin'. Hell, they got records of me committin' dozens, maybe hundreds, of crimes I can't even remember."

"Ok fine," said Gaia. "We know what Storm is going to do. But what about Magneto?

12 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Is it just me or is Scott getting more muscles. Getting hit with a Coke bottle seem to make him get a little "Hulky". Maybe it was Super Coke or something, like when peter Parker got bit by that funky spider or Bonds got hit with those “Flax Seeds”.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm.. Hey Scott, you do realize u just agreed with Logan dont you. Isnt that like, the sign of the Apocalyse or sumthin.


"dont poke the bear buddy!"

11:55 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

Woah, that is freaky. Maybe it's that Wolvie is getting mellow in his old age.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kid Flash said...

There is a cure for mutants?
You don't think there gonna introduce a superhero registration act? HUH!
Im gonna tell Uncle Wally- I mean the Flash on all of you!
Superboy is gonna beat you all!
Kid Flash (yes THE Kid Flash).

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Storm does have a sharp temper, doesn't she, Scott?

3:42 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

umm Bart Superboy is dead

4:51 PM  
Blogger Iceman said...

Wolverine Mellow? that'll be the day.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gonna be tough trackin o Stormy she flys so damn fast. (see Kody's update)


"Don't poke the bear buddy!"

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm looks like evryone is making news

9:41 PM  
Blogger Pantha said...

I will calm Storm down

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

If Storm starts spinning around and around, look out!

Although come to think of it, I've only seen her do it once. What'supwit'dat?

11:14 PM  
Blogger Kid Flash said...

Xavier...can I join HU?
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!
I'll do anything!!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters