Saturday, April 22, 2006

"What on Earth are you talking about?" I demanded. "I haven't committed any crimes against the Shi'Ar Empire!"

Gladiator's lips curled into a sneer. "Do you deny that you aided the pirate Corsair in fleeing this galaxy?"

As soon as he mentioned Corsair, I knew I was in trouble. Anyone who comes into that guy's vicinity seems to be sucked in by his bad luck. Rogue, who was standing next to me, tensed up. I could sense she was about to attack. I put a hand on her arm.

"I certainly do deny it," I told Gladiator.

"Then I'm sure you would have no problem returning to the capital world and answer for your crimes."

"Actually, I have a rather important date and I hate to keep a lady waiting."

The Imperial Guard behind Gladiator stiffened and drew their weapons. Rogue leapt in front of me, her hands balled into fists. Just then Scott and Warren rushed into the garage and jumped next to Rogue. I saw Logan move quickly behind Gladiator, claws at the ready. Magdalena, in her full battle gear, hurried next to me and drew the Spear of Destiny. Things got very tense, very quickly.

Though the Imperial Guard are fierce, well-trained and well-armed warriors, I was confident that the X-Men could defeat them. I knew that there would be much death and destruction though and casualties would be unavoidable.

"Stand down everyone!" I shouted. "Gladiator, I will come with you. Peacefully."

"What!? You can't!" Cyclops cried.

"It will be alright," I assured him. "I haven't done anything wrong. I'll be back before you know it."

Maggie stepped in front of Gladiator. "You know who I am and you know that I have the power to see into men's hearts. I demand that you let me come and defend Xavier."

I could see Gladiator pause to consider his options. Fortunately, diplomacy prevailed.

"Alright. Xavier can bring one person with him. Chose," he said to me.

I nodded and said, "Magdalena." Then I gave Logan telepathic instructions.

A bright light filled the garage and the next thing I knew, the Imperial Guard, Maggie and I had materialized onto their battle cruiser. A stargate opened in front of us and we were gone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Interestingly, I just read that Gladiator's powers are linked to his will to win. If you make him believe that he's lost, then you've beaten him.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I am sure Maggie will be of good help

2:00 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

I'll take care of him. Marine trumps gladiator any day.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

*sniff* you should have choosen me.... it doesn't matter if I wasn't there. I want to know how Gladiator gets that magnificent mohawk.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters