Thursday, April 20, 2006

"Sure," Wolverine said. "I'll be nice to Miss Ass-kissawa."

As he left my office, I could swear I heard him snickering. Oh well, at least he was gone. I pulled the air freshner spray from my desk and spritzed the chair he had been sitting in. That was when Magdalena walked in. She had a rather grin on her face.

Maggie told me that Miss Ishikawa was actually a trained assassin named SHI who was trying, unsuccessfully it seems, to retire from the trade. The truth is, I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying. The whole time we were talking, I kept looking at Maggie's face and thinking how pretty she was.

Then I thought about all of my prior failed relationships. I suppose they must all be considered "failed" since they ended. Rarely did they end well. Vampirella is the rare excepetion, though we didn't really go out that for that long. Normally the women complain that I am too distracted by all the things in my life and I don't pay enough attention to them.

I became aware that Maggie was looking at me, waiting for me to respond to whatever it was she had just said.

I cleared my throat and said, "Maggie, I wanted to appologize to you if I have in anyway negelected . ."

"Sorry Charlie, wont work," she interrupted. "If you want to appologize then you close that lap top, tell Rogue to watch the kids and meet me upstaits in 20 minutes."

A broad smile slowly grew across my face. Maggie hopped out of my lap and slinked across my office. She paused in the door way, looked back over her shoulder and blew me a kiss. I felt my heart skip a beat.

I was about to contact Rogue telepathically but thought better of it. I really don't want all the other telepaths in the house knowing my personally business. Leaders must maintain some distance.

Checking with Cerebro jr., I found Rogue was in the garage. I rushed there at top speed.

"Anna, I'm going to be, um, indisposed for a bit . . probably well into tomorrow actually, and I'd like you to -"

Rogue looked up from the remains of Cyclop's motorcycle, which she had been inspecting. A strange look came over her face. She was staring at something behind me. I turned around and saw that the Imperial Guard had materialized behind me.

"Charles Xavier," Gladiator said in that big booming voice of his, "for crimes against the Shi'ar Empire, I am hereby placing you under arrest."


6 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

Great stupid Shi'ar. Though I would like to fight the real Gladiotor, not just A dangerroom simulation

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

well, that's a mood killer, but at least you have Rogue to back up your story when you eventually see Maggie again

10:52 PM  
Blogger Jango Fett said...

MOOD KILLER!?!?!

NO! Sorry I was trying out my drama act... uh..look over there! *runs*

7:45 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

oh darn... okay out of the lingerie into my armour

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Maggie well she loves a good fight so dont worry I dont think she is like the previous women (save me I am the best of course ;))

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Pfft, they're always complaining that you've commited crimes against them, aren't they?

And they send that Gladiator-wannabe after you, too. I should seek legal reparations for the sullying of my character.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters