Monday, April 10, 2006

The Jedi dropped us off back at my school before they returned home. I decided to leave Corsair on his ship thinking he was a hamster, at least for awhile. He's probably safer that way. Besides, some of our team required immediate medical attention.

We rushed Gaia, Jean and Warren to the infirmary where Hank got to work. Angel had mostly recovered but Jean was still in a catatonic state. Gaia was conscious but obviously quite weak. Hank assured me that he would take good care of our injured. I was glad as there were other matters that required my immediate attention. Namely, during our trip to across the universe, another Emma Frost and another Jean Grey had appeared.

As soon as we had disembarked, our Emma had rushed off to confront her doppleganger. I realized that this is why she had been acting so strangely and insisting on our rushing back to Earth. When we were in our own solar system had she sensed this other Emma.

Leaving the infirmary I could hear shouting coming from upstairs. I rushed to the scene and found Gambit and Colossus holding Emma back. She had murder in her eyes and was screaming at the other Emma. I looked back and forth between the two and couldn't tell them apart. Clearly we had an Emma dilemma.



Though physically the seemed identical, their personalities couldn't have been more different. This new Emma was cowering before the real Emma's emotional outburst. She was frightened and confused. I scanned her mind and felt no psychic defenses. In fact, her memory seemed to have vast holes.

"Emma!" I shouted. "Please calm down. We have to find out what's going here."

"I am not doing anything until that . . that . . imposter is gone!"

"Please Emma, this isn't helping. Obviously something is amiss and we will get to the bottom of it."

Emma stopped struggling so Gambit and Colossus released her. She struck a rather defiant pose with her back arched and her arms crossed.

"Now then," I said, turning to the new Emma. "Who are you?"

"I-I'm Emma Frost," she replied meekly.

"I see. And where do you come from?"

"I'm not really sure. I was in class all day and suddenly I found myself here."

"Do you know who I am?"

"Of course. Your Professor Xavier. This is your school. But the school is all different. A-and I saw a blue man walking around!"

"Tell me, do you have any unusual abilities?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"Well, can you read other people's minds for instance?"

"Of course not," the frightened girl answered.

I reached out to the others and communicated telepathically. "Clearly there is something wrong here. Perhaps Sinister is up to his cloning tricks again. Perhaps all the dimension hopping we have been doing lately have left doorways open and this Emma, apparently a non-mutant, has fallen through."

"Perhaps this is Mystique and she is the spearhead of a new attack by the Brotherhood," Emma interjected.

"I know what Mystique's psychic shields feel like and this is not her. We have to find out where this girl belongs and then return her there."

"Well, I insist you keep whoever this imposter is under lock and key until you figure it out, Charles."

"Emma, please. She obviously isn't a threat."

"Would you want a body double of yours roaming around the school, talking to the students?"

"I see your point. We can keep her down in Hank's lab. He has a separate living quarters down there for when he's working late."

"That will be fine, but I want you to resolve this soon!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Captain Berk said...

I think that there is only one of me. I have been to various other dimensions and not spotted myself.

Shame.

I could get quite excited seeing myself in the flesh

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captian B I am glad there is only one of you (I dont thinkwe could handel more than one :P )

Poor Charles... I know there is prob more of vampi-s out there in the blogsphere possibily even beyond it

this is quite a puzzle for you to solve

I am sure you can resolve this quickly

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Is she, like, the Ultimate Emma Frost or something? I'm so confused!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

You're confused? Think how I feel!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters