Sunday, April 16, 2006

The talk of the mansion this weekend has been Cable's marriage proposal to Gaia. Well, that and the fact that Dracula appears to have taken over Vampirella and is making her kill innocent people. Magdalena has been ordered by her church superiors to kill Vampi, which isn't really all that terrible when you think about it because Vampi has died before and she comes back pretty quickly. The real problem is that her unborn child would not be able to comeback. That is, of course, unacceptable. I've had Wolverine go to Dracula's lair here in the States to try and kill Dracula. I'm hoping that Vampi would then be freed of his control and Maggie would not have to go through with her mission, thereby sparing the baby.

After Logan left my office to seek out the vampire, a heard a soft knocking on the door. It was Gaia.

"Can I talk with you a minute, Professor?"

"Of course Gaia, please come in."

She took a seat and I could tell she was feeling rather uncomfortable. Her foot was twitching and she didn't know where to start. So I made it easy for her.

"This is about Cable's proposal, isn't it?" I asked.

She seemed rather startled. "How did you know about that?"

"Oh come now. You are living in a house full of telepaths. Did you really think such a thing could be kept secret?"

"I guess not. I don't really care that people know, it's just, well, I'm kind of confused about the whole thing."

"I can certainly understand that. Even under the most ideal of circumstances, marriage is a very large step. Given your unique background, having been tied down in the Temple of the Universal Amalgamator for all of those years . . it adds a layer of complication."

"Yeah, it does."

"And you missed out on the normal day to day social interactions that the rest of us take for granted. And of course Cable has his own unusual past. But I can tell you this. You are both good people. You care about others and you are willing to put their needs first. These are certainly vitally important for a healthy long term relationship. One thing you have to ask yourself though is, do you love him?"

"Of course I do. Nate is wonderful. I feel safe when I'm with him, like nothing could hurt me. And he's funny in that kind of quirky sort of way." A sly smile crossed Gaia's lips. "And he's really cute."

I smiled back. "Have you thought about having children?"

"Kind of. Sometimes I think about what our children would look like."

"Well then, you're in luck. I just happen to have a computer program that can extrapolate probably appearance based on genetic structure. Let me just feed the data of you and Cable in here . . . "



". . yes . ."

". . good . ."

" . . just one more second . . "

" . . it's almost done . . "

" . . okay, here it is . ."




"Well, maybe you could adopt . ."

6 Comments:

Blogger SHI said...

Wolverine is just going to get Vampi hurt... Besides Vampi isnt his or Maggies responsibility

2:58 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

I was wondering when you would show

4:29 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Your the one screwin' this up Shi!

And that pic yeah Adoption may be a good idea , if nothin' else to make sure Whiny Scott's Dna don't show up.;-)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Hey, that is one good lookin' kid. Can you do me next?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

This is going to get very messy!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Gaia said...

You know everyone, pink is not my natural hair colour!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters