Friday, April 14, 2006

We spent most of the day cleaning up the wreackage from the party last night. All morning there was this strange faint wailing sound accompanied by a light rapping. We finally traced the noise to a small closet in the main hall. I opened the door and a rather frazzled looking Bucky Covington fell out. Someone had locked him in. I immediately suspected Wolverine but I had other things to worry about. I gave Mr. Covington his $20 dollars and he hobbled out the door.

"Professor, I have terrible news!" Cyclops yelled as he ran up to me.

"What is it Scott?"

"It's Emma Frost! She's taken the Stepford Cuckoos and gone to England! I think she's planning to take over the world!"

"Would you please stop yelling Scott. I had a very long night and my head is throbbing."

"But Emma-"

"Yes well, Emma has reformed. She's probably just taken the girls on a field trip. I agree she should have cleared that first before pulling students out of school but she's a grown woman and I'm sure it will be fine. Now, if you don't mind . ."

"But Professor . ."

"Scott please!" I said, doing a very poor job of concealing my exasperation. "I'll tell you what. Why don't you take a trip into the city. Go to the Hellfire Club. See if they know anything about Emma's plan. Take your time. Then report back. In a few days."

Scott's face immediately brightened up. "You got it Professor! Don't worry about a thing! I'm on it!"

I watched for a moment as Scott ran off to the garage. That's one problem solved anyway. I was bout to ask Colossus to change the locks on the door when I heard a strange groaning sound above me. Suddenly a large crumpled mass fell from the chandelier straight at me. Fortunately Peter was able to grab it before it hit me.

"Oh man, did anybody get the number of that truck?" Private Hudson asked, cradled in Peter's arms.

"I thought Jon was going to give you a lift home?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I was doing pretty well with this purple chick so I told him to go ahead without me. It was the strangest thing though. My H-Man moves were workin' great but just as I was leanin' in to close the deal, she disappeared. Just vanished in the blink of an eye. Weird."

"I'll call you a cab."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Uh, was that purple girl Nightcrawler? 'Cuz if it was, Nightcrawler's a guy.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

well... Hudson was pretty drunk

poor Nightcrawler he probally was very shocked

11:56 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I assumed he was talking about Blink, but you never know. Has Hudson ever sat uncomfortable close to you Jon in the Danger Sled? He might be sending signals.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

A couple o' days with out whiny Scott? is it Christmas again already?

5:11 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

I know all there is to know about the crying game.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters