Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Corsair's ship zoomed through the wormhole and we shot across the universe. It was most unsettling. Fortunately it was over very quickly. I was able to contact Gaia telepathically, though she was quite far away. Apparently Jean was nearing a planet called Coruscant as she sought out whatever warped vengeance she thought was due.

I was in the cabin talking with Logan and Warren about possible ways to calm Jean down when I heard a loud crash sound from the cockpit. Before I could scan psionically, Magdalena came storming out of the control room. You didn't need to be a telepath to tell that she was fuming mad.

"Oohh, that jerk is lucky I didn't kill him!" she shouted.

Corsair came stumbling through the door. He was clutching a rather large swollen red patch over his right eye. "Toots, it was compliment! Trust me," he said.

Maggie spun on her heel and stepped right up to him, her nose just an inch from his. There was murder in her eyes. Corsair shrunk back like a frightened bunny.

"If you ever say another word to me, or touch any part of my body ever again, I will run you through with a rusty jagged knife. Do you understand me?"

All the color drained out of Corsair's face. He was stumbling for something to say when an alarm rang out through the ship. "O-okay," he said. "We're here. Everyone to their seats."

Fortunately for him, and us too I suppose, Corsair landed the ship without incident.

"Shall I have the pig think he's a gerbil?" Emma asked me.

"Better not. We will need him to get home."

"Well then, just until we return." Emma focused her gaze at Corsair and he dropped on all fours and started to make little nibbling motions with his mouth. Just as well, I thought. He shouldn't be able to get into any trouble that way.

We exited the ship to find ourselves on a landing platform in the midst of a huge city. Towering skyscrapers reached high into the heavens all around us. Small aircraft zipped around in wild chaotic patterns overhead. I have been to several worlds but have never seen anything like Coruscant.

A hover-taxi took us to the location Gaia gave me telepathically. The building she was in was a magnificent open temple, completely different in style that the rest of the modern glass and metal structures surrounding it. Gaia waited at the entrance.

After exchanging hellos, she introduced us to Master Yoda and the two men with him, Mace Windu and Obi-wan Kenobi. Mace was pouring some kind of thick liquid on his head and wiping it around with a cloth square from his pocket.

"Yes, Professor Xavier you are," Yoda said to me. "Remember you, I do. Won your little race, Oneida and I did."

"That's right Master Yoda, congratulations."

I could feel Wolverine bristling behind me. "It was the Amazing Mutant Race!" he snarled. "You shouldn't even have been in it!"

"Logan! They won fair and square. Let it go."

"I want a rematch!"

"Do you know how much work that was?" I asked. "Now let's just focus on Jean, shall we?"

"Yes, Professor. Do much damage to our temple, your friend has. Stop her you can?"

"Of course, Master Yoda. But I don't sense her here. Do you know where she is?"

"Yeah, I can tell you where that crazy chick went," Kenobi said. "She blasted her way through the palace like . . like . . you know, something really big and um . . "

"It's a bantha, you idiot!" Windu shouted. "She charged her way through like a bantha!"

"Well excuse me mister expert on Tantooine animals. Sorry we can't all be animal herders."

"What are you saying?" Windu spat. "You sayin' I'm an animal header?! I'm a jedi knight you little -"

"Windu! Kenobi! Stop this silly nonsense now, you will!" Yoda shouted. "Professor, smash up our temple your friend did. Take one of our jedi's with her, she did. Where she has gone, we do not know. Help us save our friend, will you?"

"Of course, Master Yoda. I will do my best to save your friend and prevent an intergalactic incident. I would hate for this to lead to a star war."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you trying to get me to go into labor fast

11:22 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Hm That would settle the who's the father question.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

He deserves to be a hamster we should leave him like that and take vegeta up on his offer of a ship

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

What a revoltin' development.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters