Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A large rumbling space ship landed in the large field on the southwest corner of the school grounds. Maggie, Emma, Psylocke, Angel and, of course, Wolverine accompanied me as we approached the retracting boarding plank. A hatch slid open and a pirate walked out, a devilish grin on his face.

Corsair paused halfway down and quickly glanced around. He seemed relieved. Seeing our quizzacle expressions, he just shrugged and said, "I'm not too keen on seeing the boys. They always get so whinny about my ditching them when they were children. Scott and Alex just can't seem to see the bright side of things. They got to learn about the foster care system first hand. They got to move around as kids. And most importantly they got to be X-Men. It's good to see you Charles."

Corsair, the father of Cyclops and Havoc, held out his hand and I shook it. Our team entered the craft. Looking around, I noticed something was missing.

"Where are the rest of the Starjammers?" I asked.

Corsair's eyes fell to the floor and he started shifting his weight from foot to foot. "Well . . they decided, I mean, we decided that we, um, just needed a break. You know, just for a bit."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. That means . . Lilliandra . . isn't here?"

"Yeah, that's right," he answered.

I was both disappointed and relieved at the same time. She was a former love of mine and having her might just have made things more . . complicated.

"So, you can fly this ship by yourself?" I asked.

He brightened up considerably. "Of course! Most of the systems are automatic. Watch - I just press this button and -"

The ship lurched violently upwards at ridiculous speed. Everyone went flying. Except for Angel. He just fell.

Corsair was able to deactivate whatever he had done and the ship came to a rest. We all picked ourselves up off the floor. No one seemed seriously injured.

"Uh, sorry," he said sheepishly. "I thought I had the, um, engine in stand-by so . . "

"It doesn't matter," I told him, rubbing my bruised elbow. "Do you see the wormhole Jean and Gaia went through?"

"Yep! I've got it locked into the navigator."

"Well then," I said, "engage."

5 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

He almost hit me he needs to take a piloting course or something .

10:09 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

I think we should have called Jon

7:24 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I'm beginning to think your right. However Jon is stuck somewhere in deep space with a murdered on the loose. Looks like we're stuck with Corsair for now. Hopefully he won't crash into anything.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Did the Starjammers break up due to artistic differences?

Oh yeah, that murder. I guess I should be getting back to that now, huh?

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jardena said...

wow, star captain just seems to fit you so well, can you say it with a slight british accent?

And yeah, it can be real awkward being stuck on a ship with an ex, that was a lucky break, for you at least

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters