Saturday, April 08, 2006

As Mace Windu piloted the Jedi space ship in hot pursuit of Jean Grey a bright light suddenly materialized before me. To my surprise, Son Guko appeared.

"The results of the paternity test for Vampirella's baby are about to be announced, Professor," the Sayian told me. "She would like to have you there. I can transport you back and forth. Is this a convenient time?"

I looked around at my team. Warren was still unconcious after being fried by Jean. Gaia was finally stirring after her own run-in. Everyone was on edge. How on Earth could we possible stop Dark Phoenix.

"Couldn't be better," I told Goku.

A bright light engulfed us and the next moment I found myself in a doctor's office. Vampirella was there, as was Trunks, the other potential father. There were also several others present who I did not recognize.

Barriss, a rather unusual woman with strange face paint asked, "Vampi, ready?" I went over to her side and put a hand on her shoulder. The woman pulled a paper from a long manila envelope and proceeded to read. "Professor Xavier is . . not the father."

With a long sigh I let out the breath I didn't even realize I had been holding. I was a bit embarrassed at just how elated I felt being excluded as the father. It's not that I don't like children, it's just that . . well I don't really feel ready to raise my own infant at this point.

The woman kept reading and to everyone's surprise, Trunks was also excluded as the father. Vampirella started to protest but Barriss continued. "The baby isn't even Drakulonian."

That was quite a shocker. Apparently someone somehow implanted the child in Vampirella.

"Vampi, I promise to help you solve this mystery, but first I have to return to my X-Men and help them stop Jean. I'll be back as soon as I can."

She gave me a warm kiss on my cheek and then Goku transported us back to the Jedi ship. I saw that Windu was just bringing us into orbit around a small Earth-like planet.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"That psycho friend of yours is down there on the surface being worshipped by the natives," Windu said.

A holographic image appeared and showed some rather small humanoids about to sacrifice each other to a laughing Dark Phoenix.

"X-Men Assemble!" I shouted.

(I really have to find some kind of battle cry.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

But, Charles. Your current "Battle Cry" is directly to the point. You could start screaming like a madman if you wish, dear.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

We don't even ha ve a gatering yell Unless you count arrrrghhhhhhh!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scream like a panther usually

4:07 AM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

strange face paint

Face paint!? That is the color of my skin your talking about. I also have facial tattoos, which are part of my Mirialan heritage.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Oops, sorry about that. My experience with aliens is limited. No offense meant. Both your skin color and tattoos, which is which, are quite attractive.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

It's alright, I can see why you'd make such a understandable mistake.

Please just don't do it again.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

I like the drum idea, maybe borrow the local high school's drum corps for big battles.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters