Monday, April 24, 2006

Immediately after Gladiator's ship jumped through the stargate, I experienced a weird vertigo. It was kind of like I had passed out, but not quite all the way. When I recovered my senses I saw that the ship had arrived in orbit around a planet I did not recognize. Magdalena was standing at my side, looking as disoriented as I felt.

Gladiator strode up to me, an evil gloating smile on his face. I stretched out with my mind to scan his thoughts and instantly realized I couldn't. Reaching up with my fingertips, I felt a cold metal band around my head.

"That's a Nega Strip, Xavier," he boomed. "It dampens all psionic abilities. You are powerless!"

"Why are you doing this!?" Magdalena yelled, her hand moving to her weapon.

"So Xavier can pay for his crimes, of course," Gladiator replied with a smirk. "This way he won't be able to escape justice."

"Where are we?" I asked. "This is not the Shi'Ar homeworld."

"No, this is a very remote world in the edge of the Empire. Empress Liliandra won't be able to come here and rescue you. "

Magdalena started to draw her spear. I put my hand on her arm. Behind Gladiator stood a dozen Imperial Guardians. There was no way we could take them all.

"I thought this had something to do with Corsair?" I said.

"Heh, heh! Indeed it does." Gladiator raised his right arm and snapped his fingers. Two guards dragged Corsair between us and threw him to the floor. Corsair quickly got onto all fours and made a little nibbling gesture with his mouth. He still thought he was a gerbil.

"Corsair has made a fool of me. He stole the Sapphire of Radiance from the palace, right under my nose. He made me a laughing stock!"Gladiator kicked Corsair hard in the stomach at this point. "And you helped him escape the galaxy! And you and your damn X-Men have made me look the fool time and again! I am the captain of the Empress' Super Guardians! You can not do this to me! I am power and you are nothing! You will pay for humiliating me!! I will have justice!!"

Gladitor's face was bright purple. He was really just ranting at this point.

"I will not let you harm Charles!" Magdalena shouted defiantly. She is so attractive when she's being courageous.

"Ha! Ha! You little fool!" Gladiator spat. "Why do you think I only let Xavier bring one of his little puppets? You don't have a chance! Ha! Ha! Ha!!!"

The Guardians all drew their weapons, very large powerful looking energy rifles, and aimed them at us. Clearly this was going to be a very short trial.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

With that Nega Strip, you might be powerless, but you're still fashionable!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Gogeta said...

Gladiotor is nothing It is good he got off of the planet I shall rule

5:15 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

I will show him who the fool is... just stop holding me back Charles

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Maybe you can try for an appeal?

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters