Friday, February 03, 2006

Yesterday I stopped in on Gaia at the Avengers Headquarters' Hospital. She had just awoken from her comatose state that her heroic battle against the Brood in Central Park had left her in.

"Good morning, my dear!" I said cheerfully. "You are looking quite lovely. Hank tells me he expects you to make a full recovery in no time at all."

"Hi, Professor. Thanks for coming to see me. Yeah, he told me I'd be alright but . . I can't move my legs."

"I know how you feel. It's really not so bad. You get the best parking spaces, preferred seating for concerts and restaurants . ."

"That's great and all but it's go me a little scarred."

"Nonsense. Hank knows what he's doing. He is a genious, you know. He says you'll be all better in no time. Your back injury is healing nicely and sensation should return to your legs very quickly. Since the one leg is broken though, you will have to stay off your feet for a few weeks. And the best part is, you have an excuse to have a lot of chocolate."

I handed Gaia the box of Godiva that I'd brought. A large smile crossed her face and she dug in. After exchange good-byes, I headed downtown to find Vampirella, with whom I had a surprisingly enjoyable evening last week. She had received some rather distressing news from a friend and it seemed to have triggered some kind of rage within her. I wanted to see if I could help. I caught up with her down town. She was dressed in ninja garb and was loaded with various weapons.

"Whatever it is you have planned, Vampi, it seems like you are anticipating a battle. Let me and my X-Men help," I said.

"No Xavier, I must do this alone."

"Of course you don't have to go it alone. You have friends and we can help. We do this kind of thing all the time."

"You are a dear and I really do appreciate your good heart, but this is personally. If you do want to help though, there is something you can do."

"Anything," I said.

"There is a man in Los Angeles. He has a special book as well as the tools to use it. If you can get those things from him, it will help me tremendously."

"It will be my pleasure. What's his name?"

"Constantine."

5 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

Great, that chain smoking Limey . You may have to beat him into giving you the book.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah he knows why I want the book

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Wait, is he a chain smoking Englishman or a blank-staring Califronia surfer-type? I'm so confused!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I wouldn't go there!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters