Wednesday, February 01, 2006

As the four Brood warriors charged towards a startled Gaia, the giant Sentinel with Cable in it's grasp flew straight up into the sky. I could tell from his limited psychokinetic impulses that Cable was unconscious. The rest of the patrons in the crowded Tavern on the Green restaurant were screaming in panic.

Eight deadly pinchers all lunged at Gaia. Quickly regaining her senses, she leapt high into the air and flipped over the backs of the vicious, large fanged alien insectoids. The Brood swept around to face her. Realizing her first responsibility was to protect the diners, Gaia used her telekenetic powers to propel herself far backwards, out into the cool night air of Central Park.

One the warriors jumped on top of her. Gaia was able to create a force shield around herself at the last possible moment. The savage beast bounced off the invisible bubble. Two more came rushing forward. A powerful orange energy bolt shot from Gaia's hand and smashed into one of the over-sized bugs. As he floundered hopelessly, his partner jabbed ferociously at Gaia's chest but she side stepped the attack. The bug swung again but Gaia raised a partial shield, deflecting his blow. She then unleashed another force bolt, sending the bug flying back into the first one. The two tumbled into the brick side of the restaurant.

The third bug got to its six legs and rushed towards her. Gaia mentally lifted it high into the air. As she was deciding what to do with it, the fourth warrior crept silently up behind her and thrust it's razor claw deep into her back. Gaia screamed out in pain and collapsed. The insect she had been holding high in the sky crashed to the earth. All the Brood skittered away into the darkness as Gaia slipped into unconsciousness.

I had already contacted the Scarlet Witch to assist as soon as I found out about the attack. Fortunately she arrived at just that moment on her jet scooter. She quickly loaded the unconscious Gaia aboard and rushed her to the Avenger's medical facility. I gathered together several X-Men and we rushed in the X-Jet to Manhattan.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh wait, a Sentinel and the Brood? Yer in trouble now!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

Maybe it's a good thing I ported Wolverine Back, Those poor, poor Barneys

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man dont let Hudson see the bug he might have a fight lol


Good luck Xavier hope you come out okay

5:33 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Hey, I;ve taken on them bugs before and beaten them.

Just to be safe, though, I'm going to take cover behind this couch and watch what happens next.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Time to evacuate Manhattan!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Wanda Maximoff said...

Well there goes my vaction. Everytime I seem to seperate myself from your misadventures, you reel me back in. I swear Professor, if I didn't know better, I'd say you had a crush on me. I don't see you contacting Sue Storm (or is it Richards now?) to take in one of your X-Men.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters