Thursday, January 26, 2006

Looking back on all the students who have passed through the hallowed halls here at the school, I realized that quite a few of them have "hooked up" with each other, as the kids say today. While the primary purpose of this school is education, and of course developing unique mutant talents, the students do also learn socialization skills.

I suppose it's inevitable that when young people get together they are going to be attracted to one another and form attachments, perhaps even strong relationships. The fact that there really is very little supervision here might also contribute to the free-wheeling bohemian life style that so many adopt. Though leaving the students to their own devices might have been a mistake, it was a conscious choice. The best way to make people responsible is to make them responsible for themselves.

The reason why I bring this up is because I have decided to play match-maker. Gaia recently went on a date with Quicksilver. It didn't go that well. I could have told her that, of course. Pietro has a lot of unresolved issues with his father that interfere with him relating to other people. Gaia has hinted, very subtly I might add, that she would be interested in getting to know Cable.

I do have some reservations about these two as a possible couple due to their age difference. Cable is probably in his 30s or 40s at this point (all that time traveling makes the math a little hard), while Gaia is thousand of years old. They do seem to have compatible personalities in that they are both good natured people. Cable might be a little stiff for Gaia, though. We'll see. I have arraigned for them to see Spamalot tonight and I have made reservations for them at Tavern on the Green. Hopefully they will have a wonderful time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

It may be a really nice date, but somehow I imagine it being interupted by the Reavers or the Hellfire Club or the Brood or the Sentinels or Sinister....

10:08 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

Reavers, *shudder* oh, wait, different place and time. Shiny

Tavern on the Green sounds lovely, and the young lady who runs it now has apparently done wonderful things to it.

Oh, and my intern, who went to boarding school in CT, tells me that 'hooking up' is quite normal in that type of school. She thinks it might be easier at your school than it was at her's, being that you all have secret tunnels, rooms, and whatnot.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Trunks said...

Not so sure how easy hooking up would be when some of the teaching staff can read your mind , or sniff out where you are.

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so Prof X is playing cupid

that is so sweet


*does her litle wave at Xavier*

9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can see the problem with the age difference, Charles. But just keep in mind, while Gaia may be thousands of years old, she has the emotional deficiency of a teenager. I see no problem there.

Anyways, I do so hope that all goes well for her. Pietro can be quite traumatizing to anyone near him.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Selene said...

Just an fyi....the Black Queen is still here! My laptop was making some weird hissing sound. It's taking longer than expected to fix it too. It is nice to know where they will be going on date...perhaps I will make an appearance and cause LOTS of drama!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Deadpool said...

HOlD UP. Quicksilver's married isn't he? Wait till I tell his wife! Then she'll just have to go out with me as pay back. And yeah Cable's one stiff, LOSER!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

Any time you need any matchmaking device, I'll be happy to advise.

I'm sure you are aware of my herculean powers of manliness.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

You certainly are right Wedge. And Deadpool, Pietro is European. You know how they are about their marriage vows.

*winks at Vampirella*

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters