Thursday, October 04, 2007

I awoke this morning to Kitty Pryde, dressed in her French maid's outfit, delivering my breakfast. The omelet smelled heavenly and the sausages look delicious. Taking a sip of the freshly squeezed orange juice, I picked up the morning paper.



Flipping to the political section, I checked to see if there was any news about Jon's campaign. On the front page of that section, I saw this . .










. .



























Involuntarily, the orange juice sprayed out of my mouth in a wide arc. I immediately, after wiping my mouth off, of course, grabbed the phone and called Jon.

"What the hell have you been up to?!" I yelled into the receiver once he answered.

"Hunh? Professor? What time is it? I'm in the Central Zone, you know."

"Have you seen the morning papers?!" I demanded.

"You mean this morning? Hang on . . let me just . . the computer's warming up."

I waited, my impatience growing. How could this have happened? Damn that tramp Emma.

"Holy crap!" Jon yelled, loud enough to wake my whole school. "B-but this . . I never . . I'm married! I would never . . this is just some kind of, I don't know, photographic fakery or something. They must have Photoshopped it together! I couldn't do this!"

"Well it's in all the papers now," I told him. "Even if it is faked, the public is going to make assumptions."

"What are we going to do, Professor??" Jon asked, the desperation unmistakable in his voice.

"I'm thinking."

12 Comments:

Blogger Nick Fury said...

oh God this is going to give Stark A snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Batman said...

Stark as president? (shudder)

3:06 AM  
Blogger Fluke Starbucker said...

woah!

hmmmm... I was wondering why Jon sent me out on a campaign trail that swung through BFE.

9:43 AM  
Blogger TX said...

So it seems Jon likes Sharing to

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

No no, that's not me, that's not me!

I think that should be clear to everyone. Right?

Right?

I mean, the treasure trail's all wrong, you can see that plain as day.

Aw jeez, Professor, what are we gonna do???

2:52 PM  
Blogger Kon-El said...

How do i get the Kitty Pryde French Maid Breakfast Service?

3:53 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

This is gutter politics.

I agree with Kon-el. Can I order the Kitty Pryde Breakfast Service?

8:06 AM  
Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

Hmmm, breakfast...

Look's like you're going to have some trouble explaining that one...

4:36 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

My 2000" monitor took out some of the impact of your page break (which I assume was intended for suspense).

11:27 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

and Jon doesn't have that blue tinge to his hair.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what the next post is my 100th post so I have invited everyone to comment and ask a question or fill in the thing (I stole from Fluke)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Well you hired her. What did you expect in the first place?

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters