Monday, July 23, 2007

The epic battle between Jon and the Super Skrull hadn't been going well, at least not from Jon's perspective. The the Skrull hadn't managed to actually hit Jon with one of his devastating blows, Jon was getting rather worn out from all the dodging. Henchman, ever the grand stander, jumped down to Jon's side in some misguided effort to save him. Several Skrull guardsmen, rifles drawn, rushed into the fray. Then the cavalry arrived. Sort of.

Vegeta and his Sayian warriors leaped over the fifty foot tall walls of the stadium and down onto the arena floor. Loud explosions, obviously the Sayian's handiwork, boomed through out the city.

Things got very confusing down on the floor. Through the melee and dust and bright flashes of light I could see bodies flying in all directions. At one point I saw a Sayian beating Henchman with his own robotic right arm. So much for the cavalry.

"Professor," said Dark Jedi Kriss, "don't you think we should do something?"

All around our box seat was chaos. People, mostly Skrulls, were screaming and either running towards the riot on the floor or towards the exit.

"Yeah man, we should definitely do something," Hudson said in a loud voice.

"I have to agree Hot Wheels," Mr. Bennet offered. "It's time to take a course of action and I suggest that course of action is to get out of here."

With that the entire stadium shook again. A deafening roar grew louder, filling the air around us. We could see buildings collapsing over the wall of the stadium. Something the Sayians were doing seemed to be making the very planet itself unstable.

"I'm with you," I said. "Let me call our ride."

I reached out telepathically for Blink but was having trouble making a connection. The rumbling quake around us was growing. The sheer panic from all the minds around us was creating a strong feedback disturbance that was interfering with my powers. The walls of the stadium started to crumble and fall over as a giant rift split the arena in two. Tall geysers of steaming molten lava exploded into the air all around us. Someone screamed. It was Hudson.

I reached Blink just as Jon and Henchman rushed up to us. Henchman's right arm was nowhere to be seen. With a terrifying blast, the floor of the arena burst into flames.

Blink looked around for a moment, stunned by the devastation.

"Get us out of here!" I shouted.


Just as waves of lava erupted through us, we were gone. I quickly patted out the small fire on my sleeve and then looked around. We were back on Hacknor. All of our party was accounted for and we were all in one piece. Well, except for Henchman's arm, of course.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh you totally forgot where I said that way cool action hero line and then kicked Super Skrull right in his Skrullticles.

Of course, mormally I wouldn't kick my opponents in the crotch, but I'm willing to make an exception for some.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Opppss. About the arm.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

At least most of you made it in one piece.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

oops about the planet, Well no that was kind of the goal, But not with you still on it.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good victory, as long as no one mentions the arm.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Optimus Prime said...

I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots and I must commend you on your valiant rescue. You surely are a credit to your race.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

And here I thought this was a thankless job.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

Chaos, chaos, lovely chaos. Reminds me of the Battle of Geonosis!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters