Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Well, well. I'm back one Earth, safe and sound. Blink managed to get us of the Skrull Throne World at the last possible second, as required in Article 2, paragraph C of the Super-Hero Code Book. We even took up a collection for a new arm for Henchy. It may not be quite up to snuff with the old one, but what are you going to do?




















Before we came back to Earth, our team stopped at Hacknor where I was unceremoniously dumped from Last Gladiator Standing. Frankly I never really expected to win. That whole "standing" thing, you know.

I stayed to see Dark Jedi Kriss crowned champion. I was sort of hoping she would wear the Slave Leia costume again but unfortunately she chose something more conservative. She still looked great though.

Once the show wrapped, we all took a ship back to Earth. During our journey, Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator approached me about a wild idea he had. Here in the United States, for those of you living off-planet, we about to launch into a long, drawn out and potentially very ugly election for President of the Free World. Jon has decided to throw his hat into the ring. He asked me to be his campaign manager.

I must say I was quite flattered. Though I don't have much experience with running for an elected office, I am rather talented at both manipulating minds and strategizing. This could be quite fun.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That's what I'm talking about!

And when we get home, maybe Beast can fix my Wristcomm.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

See why I don't trust politics? Xavier, you should be ashamed of yourself for maniuplating people's minds....Free World indeed!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

You seem like a respectable fellow.

I would vote for you if I were an Earthling.

Where can I get an arm like your henchman's?

4:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awee, thanks. Next time I hit Earth, I'll come see ya. We'll discuss mind control vers Jedi mind tricks.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

Unceremoniously. That should have some kinda send off. Something more than see ya, and tossing you a ship.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You seem ideally qualified for the position.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Optimus Prime said...

As an Autobot, I am very interested in this American voting process.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

Unfortunately, voting processes are a sham...They just make people think that a government is democratic. Things are fine while the politions are needing your vote and they promise you loads of nice things, but when they're in office? That's another story. All it takes is for someone like Magneto to initate a terrorist attack, and the next thing you know, you mutants are going to be on the receving end of racial clensing...Just a thought you need to consider...

5:49 AM  
Blogger Nina Munteanu said...

Should be an interesting election! I'll just watch from the sidelines and take notes. Might get messy... I can't help but wonder that Jon's keen interest for the Presidency arose from some hidden knock on his head from his previous epic battle with that Skrull guy-thing-whatever...

3:25 AM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I agree on the standing thing.

They should have the Para-Last Gladiator Standing competition for disabled folk like you and that daredevil fellow.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters