Wednesday, January 17, 2007

As I slowly sipped my Cognac and admired the bright morning scene outside my office window, I couldn't help but smile in smug satisfaction. My little verbal assault on the ladies of the View yesterday would surely have generated sufficient complaints that I would not be required to do anymore of these annoying press shows. I wasn't particularly surprised when the phone rang.

"Hello," I said, in a warm friendly voice.

"Charlie baby! What the hell did you do on the View?!" the familiar voice of the CBS network executive boomed. He sounded incredibly agitated. I chuckled silently.

"That's just who I am," I told him. "I was just being myself. Can't help it. Sorry."

"Sorry? What are you talking about? You were perfect! What you did is all over the media! Everybody's talking about it!"

"What?"

"Last week I had to twist arms to get you any air time. Now every show in the country is clammoring to have you on!"

"You're kidding." I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"You're doin' the Daily Show with Jon Stewart this afternoon. The car will be by in a few minutes."

Damn.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Daily Show seems like a good show to be on. Don't wear a bow tie though. Oh yeah, and Jon Stewart is pretty quick-witted, so you better stay alert.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

better you than me....

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH UGH... see that is what happen people like a bad boy

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

10:11 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

This is the main problem with media in general, they get famous and infamous confused.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're a celebrity!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Tony Stark Iron Man said...

Sigh. I could have told you that Charles . Evrey show in the nation is trying to get me tsalk to them after the Civil War and evreyon seems to want to call me the bad guy there.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Polar said...

wow... you'd think they'd get the idea by now.

1:44 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

Let 'em have it!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

HA!
I hope you can cook because Martha Stewart announced that she plans to ask you to go on her show!
WHO'S MASCULINE NOW!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Kon-El said...

Rob: No Ya don't wanna go there.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY Bday

maybe I should come over


(is it Vampi or not?)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters