Thursday, December 28, 2006

As Wolverine walked past my office door I heard him make the most unpleasant sniggering sound.

"We were about to die!" I shouted at him.

"Whatever, girly-man," he shot back with a chuckle as he walked away.

"Don't think this is going to help you in the Race," I muttered under my breath.

Fine. I told Cyclops I loved him. But I didn't really mean it! The world was about to end. In fact, it did end. It was just some alternate Earth so it doesn't really count.

Speaking of the Race, I still had some phone calls to make. For those of you who don't know, that's the Amazing Mutant Race 3 that I'm talking about. It's a bit daunting how complex this thing has become. There's just so much to arrange.

I was just reaching for the phone to call Nick Fury at SHIELD when it started ringing. A bit startled, I picked it up.

"Hello," came a nasally voice I recognized immediately. It was my lawyer. Undoubtably he was calling to tell me that shrew of an ex-wife of mine wanted an upward modification of her support order. "This is Harold P. Pinter here," he continued.

"I know Harold. This isn't about Moira, is it?" I asked.

"Worse. I received an injunction today. Your Amazing Race show has been cancelled by the courts."

"What? That's preposterous!"

"No, it's quite legal."

"But they can't do that!" I protested.

"Of course they can."

"But why on Earth would they?!"

"Because the Central Broadcasting System filed to stop you from proceeding with the Race. They have also filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against you for copyright infringement, dilution and unlawful competition."

"B-but why?"

"They claim your show is a direct rip-off of their Amazing Race show."

"But that's ridiculous! Our show has mutants!"

"Yes, but they say that otherwise it is identical. I'm afraid you can't do the show."

This is a disaster!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wolverine said...

Good news I ain't gotta race wit' Vegeta, Bad News This was my Flamin' Idea Want me ta go talk to'em Chuck?

10:01 PM  
Blogger Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Question: Why do you not just take control of the leader of the CBS's prosecuting team and crush their case?

12:27 AM  
Blogger Tony Stark Iron Man said...

Oh I think I can Persuade them to back off . Also Charles would you like me to get the money Henchman owes you When he resurfaces. Ooops never mind I just transferred money from his account to yours . Clumsy me Be seeing you old friend.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Over before it even started? Awww.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Thanks for the transfer, Tony. See you at the meeting on Tuesday.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds like there needs to be some mind-altering going on.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters