Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Well, I've gone from the frying pan into the fire. This whole Amazing Mutant Race thing might just have been a bad idea. I just got off the phone with my lawyer.

"Well," I asked, "how did court go today? Any luck lifting that CBS injunction against the show?"

"I wouldn't call it luck, Professor. I'd call it excellent layering."

"I'm not sure that's a word."

"Yes, well, if it's not, then it soon will be. The sharks from the CBS legal department were determined to play hardball, but after some very intense negotiations, I finally got them to make an offer you couldn't refuse."

"What offer?" I asked skeptically.

"Technically I know I should have called first to run it by you, but I know you're up against a deadline what with the Race about to start."

"It already started! The Race began yesterday! I went ahead with it, telling everyone it was taken care of. You better have gotten the injunction lifted!"

"Well then you will be glad to hear that I accepted their offer and injunction has been lifted."

Whew. I let out a sigh of relief. At least I wouldn't be facing jail for contempt of court. "So what are the terms of this offer then?"

"Er, nothing to onerous. You agreed to have the Amazing Mutant Race 3 broadcast on CBS."

"Really? Well I suppose that's not too . . "

"And you agreed to do a press blitz to promote the show."

"What! Absolutely not! I'm not going to parade myself around on-"

"Professor. We had no choice. The only way-"

"I did not agree to do that. I am not some kind of media . . media . . whore. I have to maintain a professional and respectable profile due to my status as a leader-"

"It was the only way to get them to let you do the race. I had to agree to their terms. It's no big deal. You just have to go on a few of the chat shows and do some magazine interviews and things. It will be over before you know it."

Great. Just great. I'm going to be the laughingstock of the other Illuminati.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kon-El said...

I kinda like talk shows my self except the view I'm never going there again!!!!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

Look at it this way.. it could be worse.. they could be makign you dress up in some ridiclous outfit for it.. Just take a deep breath and relax.. You'll get through this..and when you do, you'll look back on this and laugh and wonder why you were so panicked

9:44 PM  
Blogger Kid Flash said...

So your gonna go on Oprah to make the middle-aged housewives watch it by crying, go on The View to convince femenazi's to watch it, that old guy with the chair was it Letterman to get in with those starbucks chowing crowd, and jay leno to get in with his chin!
FLashy.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I'm drawing the line at the View.

10:46 AM  
Blogger cooltopten said...

The view ,donald trumps favourite show :)
happy new year

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kid Flash said...

Hey I have an idea!
How about I be your talkshow buddy? I mean who better to have by your side than a young super-hero who is a Teen Titan a future JLA member and next in the line for the Flash Mantle?
We could have so much fun!
And I can bring oreos!
Flashy

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters