Monday, December 18, 2006

The Christmas party onboard the Enterprise was without a doubt a tremendous success. As with all things though, there came a time to say goodbye.

With no small trepitdation I rolled onto the transporter pad, awaiting beam out. After last year's malfunction, I was more than a bit apprehensive about using this unlikely future technology again. However, Captain Picard assured me that the problem had been fixed and the trip home would be smooth this time around. That did comfort me somewhat. There's just something about that man's face that I trust.

Scott and I watched as the engineer's hand pulled the slide down. Strange glowing lights danced all around us. My body felt lighter and lighter, rather similar to when I detach my consciousness and travel the astral plane.

The interior of the transporter room became lost in the twinkling lights. For a brief moment, there was just a bright nothingness around us. Then the teleportation chamber of the Federation Time Portal shimmered into view, only to start fading again as then sent our atoms back to our own time.

We finally materialized outside the designated arrival spot in the parking lot of the Galleria Shopping Mall. Unfortunately the X-Van wasn't where we had left it.

"There's no way anybody could have stolen it!" Cyclops cried. "Hank put in a fool proof lock!"

"That's the least of our problems," I answered cooly, pointing towards New York City. Great pillars of smoke were rising up from the distant sky scrapers. "I'm sensing wide spread panic. Their thoughts are too jumbled though. I can't make out what's causing it."

"I'm not getting a thing on the X-Communicator!" Scott wailed, as he frantically pushed the buttons on his cel phone.

"We're going to have to go in to the city somehow and find out what's going on."

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dear I suspect the timing of your arrival must be somewhat askew.
Lets hope you don't bump into future or past versions of youselves.

Why are you all looking at me like that. So I know about causality and the problems of time travel. I don't have to be a ditzy red head all the time.

Love you all

Lin

9:50 PM  
Blogger Big Joe Fixit said...

So Scott's back to wailin?

1:03 AM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Like wailin' on a guitar?

Doodleeedoodleeedoodleeedooddllleeedooooo wah wah wahhhhh!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh oh....

maybe its another dimension

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Why do you get into so much trouble after you've visited the Enterprise?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

You leave Earth for a short time and all h*ll breaks loose. Maybe you should have the Enterprise come to Earth next year?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Now that is an excellent idea.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters