Wednesday, September 27, 2006

As I sat at my desk, sipping my cup of hot Earl Gray tea - now where did I pick up that affectation? - I couldn't help but feel a sense of peace. The late summer afternoon was warm and bright. The school was in one piece and all my students were safe. Then my door banged open.

"What's up, Chuck?"

Groan. At least he wasn't snickering this time. "Hello, Logan. What can I do for you?"

"Just makin' a pit stop. This super-powers registration thing is startin' to come to a head."

"Well maybe it's just as well they know how we felt during the mutant registration crisis. Pastor Martin Niemoller and all that."

"Uh, yeah. Anyway, I stopped by just to see how you were doin'. You know, after that Onslaught thing."

"Oh. Well, I'm feeling quite good actually."

"Really? What about Maggie and that AIM guy?"

"Funnily enough it really doesn't bother me. Because Onslaught was the sum of my repressed anger, frustrations and pain, when he left he took those things with him."

"So, were you aware of what was goin' on while you were him?" Wolverine asked.

"Not at first. Then I heard a voice that somehow woke me up. It turned out to be Fred the fox. Once I had consciousness, I was able to influence Onslaught. Prevent him from doing anything too terrible. I do feel bad about that poor dog I . . I mean he, kicked. Do you know if it's alright?"

"Oh yeah. The dog is fine. In fact Iceman brought it back to the school."

"Ha! Really?"

"Yep. He's callin' it Ace the Ice Hound."

"Is it a husky or something?" I asked.

"Nope. Just a mutt."

"Then you must get along famously."

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Zing!

11:01 PM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Ace the Ice Hound? Sounds too similar to my name. I'm handing out a cease and decist order. Give it a new name.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Xavier....such talk coming from you. Are you SURE you've completely rid yourself of Onslaught?

11:32 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

I would hit ya with a comeback but the glare offa yer head distracted me Chuck.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Do we have an X-Dog now?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Warbird said...

Xavier please tell Logan not to be barging in room without being invited

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters