Sunday, August 20, 2006

Queen Galacta's attendant showed me to a waiting chamber just off the throne room. I used the opportunity to check with Magdalena. Stretching my consciousness across the vast distances of space, I touched her mind.

"How is the war going against Gaia's alien army?"

"We've managed to destroy most of the armored monsters attacking Washington, but the city took a lot of damage. I really don't think you should have left."

"When one is summoned by the Queen of the galaxy for an important mission, it is hard to refuse."

"I didn't even know we had a Queen of the galaxy."

"Oh yes. Her name is Galacta. She doesn't get to Earth much but we are still within her domain."

"And how does her empire relate to the Shi'Ar, Kree and Skrull empires?"

"That is an excellent question and I'm glad you asked it. Now then, how much of Gaia's army is left?"

"Wolverine, Vegeta and Alpha Flight defeated the forces in Canada. Spider-Man and the Avengers cleaned out what was left in New York. Our X-Men plus group rendezvoused in Washington with the others when they were done and we managed to overcome the aliens there too. The enemy did a lot of damage to London. Half their forces moved on to Germany where they were defeated by Magneto's group. Son Goku and Bra traveled to London and helped the local heroes finish off the enemy that had remained. There are still pockets of alien monsters here and there but I sense something much bigger on the horizon."

"Magneto, eh? If he didn't always have that damn helmet on, I would thank him. What are you going to do now?"

"I have been summoned back to the church. I am leaving Goku to coordinate our people to regroup back in Westchester at the Motel 6."

"You have done an excellent job, Maggie. I am really quite proud of you. I think that when I get back we should think about - whoops, I'm being summoned back to the Throne Room. We'll talk soon."

As I entered the chamber, I saw that Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator was already before the Queen being informed of the strange living leviathan. She addressed us both.

"This ship, if it is truly alive, is the most unusual and foreign entity we have encountered. Making contact with it may be a most difficult task, but we must do so before My evil brother does."

"It would be an honor to serve you this way," I answered diplomatically.

"Yeah, it will be mine also," Jon said.

"Professor S'Magmier will accompany you," the Queen continued. "He is our best scientist in the matter of Xenoforms."

The weasley little man stepping forward had a rather dour look on his face. I quickly scanned his mind and saw how little he thought of both this assignment and Jon and myself. Obviously he wasn't going to be much fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jardena said...

I bet it's really hard to surprise you on your birthdays

10:28 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

..and I suspect you already knew what my comment would be.

Jelly swans!! Orang-u-tent! Bursting squirel!!

Ha!

Bet you didn't see that coming.

Oh, hang on. You would have done.

Argh!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

With that sneer, S'Magmier kind of looks like Billy Idol's grandpa.

12:27 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

"With a rebel yell, I say S'Magmier S'Magmier S'Magmier!"

What?

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters