Tuesday, August 08, 2006

cyclops3

"Oh hey, Sco - I mean, Mr. Slumbers. *BBURRRP!*"

I looked at Elixir as he stood there, wobbling slightly, in the open doorway. He was obviously having problems focusing. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. Without a word I walked past him.

The grand ballroom looked like a disaster zone. It was hard to believe this place wasn't damaged during the Sentinel attack from all the debris strewn around. It really looked like a war scene. There were even bodies scattered about. Except these were all snoring loudly.

"Yo! Whaaazzzz uppp?!"

It was Private Hudson. He charged at me with his arms spread out like he was going to give me a big hug. He was only wearing a strategically placed party hat. The last thing I wanted was to be embraced by a mostly naked man.

Nocturne jumped down from the ceiling and snapped his bare butt with a dish towel. Hudson yelped and then chased after the laughing mutant. Oviously somebody had a good time last night.

I headed down to Hank's lab. He was leaning over some kind of doo-hickey, grabbing his head an moaning.

"Et tu, Brute?" I asked, without the least amusement in my voice.

"Ooh, not so loud, Scott," he replied.

"I can't believe you let the kids get into the booze. We can go to jail for that, you know."

He gave me a long, dubious look. "Of all the actions that the X-Men could be incarcerated for, I would thinking letting some teenagers imbibe a beer or two would be the least of our worries."

I just shook my head. "Have you finished tracking those Sentinels yet? We've got to get our people back."

His already worn out face fell a few inches lower. "I'm afraid not. Once the Sentinels became airborne some kind of warp portal opened and they disappeared. It was Talcyon energy that generated the portal but by the time I reached it's location, the trace signatures were too faint to calculate any sort of destination."

"Well that sucks."

"The only thing I can tell you is that using the Cerebro matrix I was able to positively identify that sinister character with the large wings that appeared and took everyone away."

"Oh, who was it?"

"Warren Worthington, III."

5 Comments:

Blogger Private Hudson said...

See, I told you he was a she!

And I was not "mostly naked," I had my combat boots on.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

oh go ahead for get what we had ;););)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

I'm definitely trying to forget something but it's not you Warbird.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

As long as Hudson had his boots on!

3:27 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Warren Worthington, III!!! I knew it. Ohh that Warren Worthington, III, what a creep. I hate that Warren Worthington, III.

*psst Cyclops, who the heck is Warren Worthington, III?"

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters