Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"Warren? You mean the Angel? That's impossible! He was fighting along side of during that battle."

"Oh I know that," Beast said. "Regardless, the mutatgenic bio-signature is identical."

"But how can that be? Was it Mystique?"

"No. A shape-shifter would not emit the same genetic signature. Everyone is unique. It's more reliable than fingerprints or even retnal scans."

"So was it a clone?"

"That is one possibility but I would tend to discount it. If it, or he, was a clone then he would have looked exactly like the Angel, but he didn't."

"So what do you think then?"

Hank gave me a hard scowl. "Our interloper could have been the product of a genetic enginering experiment such as Mr. Sinister or the Dark Beast like to engage in."

"Dark Beast? You mean that freaky guy from that alternate reality?"

"Yes. And I suppose that's another possiblity, too. An Angel from an alternate reality might be similar enough to generate an identical signature."

"Well that sucks. Keep working on trying to find our missing people."

I headed upstairs in a foul mood. That whole thing with Danny just left a bad taste in my mouth. Uh, no. I mean it was all just a pain in my butt. Oh, uh, no. It, um, it just queer. No! Weird! It was weird! Yeah, that's it.

When I got back to the ballroom I was kind of surprised to see the place looking neat and clean. There in the corner I saw a little old silver-haired lady hauling a big bag of trash into the kitchen. It was Spider-Man's Aunt May. I thought about going to help her but decided against it. I'm the leader of the X-Men and I have more important things to do.

I headed up to my room to get a shower when Iceman came bursting through the front door.

"Scott! You've got to come outside and see this!"



"Oh man, game over," came a voice from the bushes.

5 Comments:

Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

An army of Iron Men! No, really, what are those things?

11:07 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I don't think they're Iron Men. If you read Gaia's latest post I think you'll get a better idea just who those armored things are.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

we are coming

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

They're not Iron Men da da da da da da da da Iron Men.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Is that Private Hudson hiding in those bushes? That is SO Hudson.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters