Wednesday, July 12, 2006


"The Professor is in the Phantom Zone?" I asked in surprise.

"No you idiot!" shouted Sage impatiently. "It's the Astral Plane. You've been there! The Phantom Zone is in a Different Continuum."

"Oh," I said in as knowledgeable a tone of voice as possible. "So . . what do we do?"

The Martian Manhunter spoke up. "Clearly we have to come to the Professor's aid. I can track his psionic signature but I am unable to move between dimensions. Do you have some means to travel to the Astral Plane?"

"Yes," said Sage. "Hank and I have developed a mass transporter based upon Reed Richards Dimensional Transference Warp Initiator. I can calibrate the lower registers to allow permeation of the astral barrier."

"Um . . so that was a 'yes', right?" I asked. In answer, Sage just shook her head and started down to the lab. "Why don't you put a team together and meet us in the lab?" she suggested.

"Hey. You don't tell me what to do. I tell you what to do. I'm in charge here. Now I want you to go down to the lab and get that thingy ready and I will go and get the team together."

Sage stared at me with a totally blank look on her face. Yeah, she's obviously super intelligent. She shook her head again and left with the Manhunter.

Okay, so who do I pick for the team? Well, Wolverine obviously. It's in his contract to go on any and all missions involving mutants. Storm? No way. Iceman. He's reliable. Except I think he was the one that made that ice patch that ruined my moves with Warbird. Maybe I'll just see who's in the living room.

I walked into the main hang out area just in time to see Kodiak plant a big wet one on Rogue. Whoa! My jaw hit the floor. I stared in disbelief as Kodiak continued to kiss her. For some reason, he didn't collapse into a lifeless heap. That is, not until Rogue pasted him with a vicious uppercut.

Kodiak went flying back into our giant screen high def TV, shattering the thing into several pieces. Rogue got all hissy and stomped off. I still couldn't believe what I had just seen.

Maybe I should step in. Do something leader like. Ahh, they obviously worked it out. I've got to get the team together.

10 Comments:

Blogger SHI said...

damn its just the machine

okay logan have fun with what ever you are going on Laura is with me

9:11 PM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

That's so odd... I came here and the big macho Cyclops picture in the post below was gone. Then I left to do the "keep me logged in" button, and it was back when I dot back!
____
(o\/o)
(__u__)
(_vv_)

Cool face, no?

9:24 PM  
Blogger Private Hudson said...

Can you bring weapons, like oh say an M41A Pulse Rifle into the astral plane?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Cyclops said...

You can bring 'em, but I don't it'll be able to fire. Might make a good club though. Nothing like a heavy piece of metal in your hand to let everyone know you mean business.

9:21 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Scott Scott Scott, how many times do we have to go through this: UNDERWEAR GO ON THE INSIDE*






* unless you’re a member of Prince’s band in 1985.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Does one need a boarding card to get on the astral plane.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, and The strange thing is rouge has been walking around with fury hair and pumped up like the hulk a, err She-Hulk she is even growling and stuff, hey thats my line. Its kinda cute, like a feminin teady bear. Um,, how long does her power obsorbtion last,I like her and all but I don't know if I can handel a girl with a hairy chest,.. just Sayin.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

*Scott looks at me* "What happen?"


I reply to Scott... "Nothing as I thout would..."

Hey Logan looks Like I am joining you for this one ;)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Wolverine said...

Will ya be drunk this time Carol? or will ya be normal (fer you anyway. )

5:39 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

want to cut me a break Logan...

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters